Confirmed with Link: Jenner signs 2 year extension

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Another good deal. I really hope they can lock Jones up for some term at 5-5.5. Don't want all 3 of these guys coming due together again.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This should put to rest any concerns for offer sheets this off season; not unless Jones's camp wants to screw with our FO. I think they both want the same thing; get Jones in there for fair money for as long as possible. They both might prefer a long term deal if the dollars can make sense for both sides.

Good for Jenner, that is a good deal for the next two years and I look forward to him earning 5 or 6 million, long term, in his next contract.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Another good deal. I really hope they can lock Jones up for some term at 5-5.5. Don't want all 3 of these guys coming due together again.

Not me. I'd prefer a shorter deal, but if they give him a longer deal, it needs to be for less than $5 million per year.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Partly copied from my post in the Sellapalooza thread:

Per https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bluejackets

(and yes, they've already updated Boone's contract at that site).
CBJ has $6.4M to sign Seth and Karlson (Prout ??), without anything else happening other than not re-signing Bourque, which seems to be a foregone conclusion. That may be enough to get the Jones/Karlson contracts done even if Jones is for term.

Not saying don't do anything else, or that Jones/Karlson combined should get $6.4M per year. We need flexibility for future years. But don't give assets away - we've got some time (this summer or next).

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
CBJ has $6.4M to sign Seth and Karlson (Prout ??), without anything else happening other than not re-signing Bourque, which seems to be a foregone conclusion. That may be enough to get the Jones/Karlson contracts done even if Jones is for term.

That assumes a flat cap next season, I suspect we're still going to get another 1-3 million increase. I haven't seen an update on this recently and I know the Canuck Buck is taking a beating.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not me. I'd prefer a shorter deal, but if they give him a longer deal, it needs to be for less than $5 million per year.

No chance long term and I don't think that is a reasonable limit. That would probably be the case for year 1 and maybe year 2, but would escalate in a long term deal. Jones camp would, rightly, expect cap increase and player growth based on role.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Partly copied from my post in the Sellapalooza thread:

Per https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bluejackets

(and yes, they've already updated Boone's contract at that site).

Not saying don't do anything else, or that Jones/Karlson combined should get $6.4M per year. We need flexibility for future years. But don't give assets away - we've got some time (this summer or next).

The site also has Rychel and Korpisalo in Cleveland. While technically correct, that's probably not how it will play out next season. Need to figure out what to do with Rychel. Playing him 7 mins/night with Bourque and Campbell isn't helping him out at all. Also need to figure out if we will bury CMac.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Using Maata's number as a comparable, we want to lock up Jones long term. No doubt about it.

This is about what I expected for Boone. A great deal for us. It will be curious to see what his ceiling is.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
So does our management not know how to identify talent? All this is going to do if he lives up to it is cost us more, you lock up your core long term to minimize cost. They better not go for a bridge with Seth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad