Injury Report: Jenner out 1-3 weeks

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Boone Jenner to be sidelined one to three weeks

Columbus Blue Jackets center Boone Jenner is expected to be sidelined between one to three weeks, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today. Jenner suffered a cut to his ankle when he blocked a shot in a game at Washington on January 12 and the laceration became infected following the team's practice this past Tuesday.

Taking odds on how long it takes before this is an indictment of the team's medical staff, and proof of why it's a joke organization.

Reactions: GoJackets1

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
There really seems to be some significant level of ineptitude on the medical staff.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Boone Jenner to be sidelined one to three weeks

Taking odds on how long it takes before this is an indictment of the team's medical staff, and proof of why it's a joke organization.

Sh*t happens but if this was properly treated up front odds of an infection would seem to be lower. Not saying it is staff's fault but if it's a staff infection( spelling intentional) who else you gonna blame?

As an aside, this sure doesn't help the playoff drive. Although it could help the buy/sell/keep/trade dilemna (old guy spelling).

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Sh*t happens but if this was properly treated up front odds of an infection would seem to be lower. Not saying it is staff's fault but if it's a staff infection( spelling intentional) who else you gonna blame?

As an aside, this sure doesn't help the playoff drive. Although it could help the buy/sell/keep/trade dilemna (old guy spelling).

Probably Boone, tbh.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

As somebody with a somewhat ( :pullhair: ) unfortunate history with what this probably is, even with a top notch medical staff, there probably wasn't much they could have done, other than keeping "it" clean and him out of his skates/shinguards. There's also a chance it was a small enough cut that Jenner didn't even really say anything/think about it, then woke up the next day and now here we are. Unfortunately a small cut or scratch can turn into a "marble" real quick. There's probably on 1 "staff" that's to blame.

Thick hair follicle's, sweat, and rubbing hockey gear can be a bitch, believe DAT. I know I now feel even more connected to Jenner and the CBJ. My thoughts are with you Boone.

And I think I'll go bust the hydrogen peroxide out for a sec.

Last edited by a moderator:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
disagree

it happened on the 12th, and 16 days later you find out it's now infected

That's pathetic medical care, I have more than enough of a medical background to state so

Can I ask what your medical background is?

Or, what is your knowledge on how Staphylococcus bacteria actually works?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad