NHL Entry Draft: Jeffyear92 Second Shot On A Mock Draft + Trades(top 18)

JeffYear92*

** Toronto Trades The 7th Overall Pick and Darcy Tucker(who accepts the trade) to the Vancouver Canucks,for the 10th Overall Pick,and a 5th round Pick****

1) Tampa Bay-Steven Stamkos,Sarnia
Why: Get over it,this is the guy,tampa wants to start re build around.

2) Los Angeles-Drew Doughty,Guelph
Why: This guy is the real deal. he's a great all around defenseman,who can log a lot of ice time.

3) Atlanta-Zach Bogosian-Peterbough
Why: This is a guy who can do everything a team wants out of him.Logs tons of ice time,great on the powerplay.

4) St Louis-Nikita Filatov-Central Army
Why- I Dont under stand why people are taking Schenn with this pick. They need scoring,to get scoring.take the best forward off the board.

5) NY Islanders-Alex Peterangelo-Niagra
Why: this is a great pick for NYI,this defenseman will be a great fit into already solid team. Watch for NYI,to trade and be very active through out this draft

6) Columbus: Luke Schenn-Kelowna
Why: Who wouldnt want a big Shut down defenseman.This guy will be a great defenseman who will only need about a year or less to develop

7) ** Vancouver: Mikkel Boedker-Kitchener
Why: This might be a great fit for vancouver,boedker can bring it all to the rink.boedker brings his speed,his shot,and his moves.

8) Phoenix-Tyler Myers-Kelowna
Why: Hes big,and Phx will give this guy time to develop. his another one of those defenseman who you work a team around

9) Nashville- Colin Wilson-Boston Univ
Why: A Steal at eight,Wilson will go to the preds and bring them so more offense,he will big,and could develop into a captain.

10)**Toronto-Cody Hodgson-Brampton
Why: Toronto makes the trade that they like,and still are able to get the guy that they want

11) Chicago-Kyle Beach-Everett
Why: I Find this to be a steal in the draft.If kyle does get his game in check and stays out of the box.this will turn up being a great pick

12) Anaheim-Zach Boychuk-Lethbridge
Why: I See this being a great fit for the ducks,let this guy finish off his junior career. and i find that this guy could end being a great player in about three years.

13) Buffalo-Michael Del Zotto-Oshawa
Why: Buffalo loses campbell which hurts but this prospect could turn into another Brian Campbell,hes great on the powerplay and could log good minutes

14) Nashville-Josh Bailey-Windsor
Why: Nashville adds tons of scoring in this first round and would be great to see the preds go off to another great start in a draft.Josh is going to be a power power with a force. i find him similar to Rick Nash

15) Carolina-Colten Teubert-Regina
Why: Carolina gets a good defenseman who can go after the other teams number one unit. I See Carolina trying to go pick up a late first rounder also.

16) Boston- Mattias Tedenby- HV-71
Why: Boston takes the best player on the board.this guy is going to turn out into a very solid player.he's going to score a lot of goals

17) Calgary-Colby Robak-Brandon
Why: I See that Calgary is pretty weak when it comes down to defenseman.so watch them take a good solid defenseman in the first round

18) Ottawa-Greg Nemisz-Windsor
Why: Ottawa takes a big forward is going to develop into a hell of a hockey player.Windsor is going to be very strong next year,and greg might be one of the most under rated picks in this draft.

Kesler Kills Kommies

Dec 6, 2004
it sounds great that we get the trade, however i am not sure we want Tucker, seeing that we just get rid of Morrison. We dont want another player who earned 3 million dollars who isnt great enough to play on the second line, but too good to be on the third line.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
4) St Louis-Nikita Filatov-Central Army
Why- I Dont under stand why people are taking Schenn with this pick. They need scoring,to get scoring.take the best forward off the board.

I would be VERY surprised if St. Louis picks Filatov. Expect it to be either Pietrangelo or Schenn. The Blues roster of 07-08 lacked scoring but from an organizational point of view, they're actually quite deep at forward as their current top prospects are all forwards - Berglund, Oshie, and Eller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad