Value of: Jeffrey Petry to the Tronna Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
At $5.5 over the next 3 years MTL would have to take on some salary. Would anyone move Zaitsev for him? May have to add but I'm really not sure??

Zaitsev based on last season is a total cap dump. I think he's going to bounce back, but right now Toronto trading him would not have any value.

Honestly the Jeff Petry threads have mostly just been focused around Petry to Toronto if you take a look.

Petry (500k retained) for Rasanen + 1st + 2nd + possibly another piece like a 3rd for that division rival tax has seemed to be fairly widely agreed upon.

I've said it for a while, Rielly-Petry would make a real solid pair and it would allow Hainsey to babysit Gardiner a little bit to allow him more free roam

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Lili+1st. Other than that, dont see a trade to be had.

We dont want any roster player youd be willing to give up and your first is probably 25+. So if you want a $5M RHD, #2/#3 ,with term left, whos still relatively young, plays 23mins a night,puts up points and can move the puck, anddddd from a divisional rival...you're going to pay and you better believe its going to be your first+top prospect.

Even if it wasnt the Habs, no one is trading you a similar defensman for less because they want to help TO win a cup.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
I wouldn't touch that deal.

I probably wouldn't either. But I always give more credit to a 1st rnd before the season start, because you never know what could happen. But I'm not a fan of the 2 players and we need Petry right now.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Yes we need all the help we can get so we should hastily trade our most valuable tradeable asset to a division rival great idea thanks chief

Petry is your most valuable tradeable asset? Jeez you guys are in more trouble than I thought.

Again, didn't say a single word about trading Petry, just about Habs fans pretending their prospect pool is healthy because of a reach of a 3rd overall. Every team's prospect pool has several pieces you could really use, your prospect depth isn't anywhere close to being picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad