TBN: Jeff Skinner's Offseason Routine

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Excellent article. It's quite lengthy but has enough pictures to satisfy the non-readers in the group.

The offseason routine that helped Jeff Skinner earn an 8-year contract
Skinner's offseason workouts have evolved during his nine-year NHL career and now includes a renowned figure-skating coach, a mixed martial arts trainer, two hockey skills coaches, a pilates instructor, a tennis professional and one of hockey's top strength and conditioning coaches.

“I feel better when — I don’t even know how to describe it; almost like when you’re tired, I feel better. The offseason, a lot of things are fun for me. I’m very fortunate to be able to play a sport for a living and the sport allows opportunities to meet people who are sort of at the top of their game. … It’s not a grind. You’re always learning and growing as a person.”

Skills coach Bill Bowler: “His potential is unlimited. Fifty [goals] is not out of the question and, obviously, with good health, this young man could be a Rocket Richard winner. He’s that special with his work ethic and he’s in the prime of his career. He’s healthy. Nothing would surprise me."

Skinner only takes about week off at the beginning of each offseason then gets back to work on improving as a player.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Excellent article. It's quite lengthy but has enough pictures to satisfy the non-readers in the group.

The offseason routine that helped Jeff Skinner earn an 8-year contract

“I feel better when — I don’t even know how to describe it; almost like when you’re tired, I feel better. The offseason, a lot of things are fun for me. I’m very fortunate to be able to play a sport for a living and the sport allows opportunities to meet people who are sort of at the top of their game. … It’s not a grind. You’re always learning and growing as a person.”

Skills coach Bill Bowler: “His potential is unlimited. Fifty [goals] is not out of the question and, obviously, with good health, this young man could be a Rocket Richard winner. He’s that special with his work ethic and he’s in the prime of his career. He’s healthy. Nothing would surprise me."

Skinner only takes about week off at the beginning of each offseason then gets back to work on improving as a player.

I honestly can't believe Lance hasn't moved over to the Athletic yet, his work has been quite solid.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1