Jeff Skinner: 1000 games 0 playoffs

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
In honor of his accomplishment

61Jpy0hrYWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
And there's zero chance he gets traded at the deadline as a rental to a playoff-bound team for at least 3 seasons ...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This got me thinking. Who else has played 1,000 games with no playoffs?

Has it been done before?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ron Hansey played almost 1000 games ( 988 ) before playing his first playoff games and then in his first playoff run he won a Cup with the Pens. Pretty sure Olli Jokinen also played almost that much without playoffs. Jokinen only made the playoffs once in his career and it ended in just 6 games .

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
During the game last night, they put up a graphic that 4 of the top 5 actives players who has played the most games without making the players are all Sabres or former Sabres. The only player not tied to the Sabres is Brady Tkachuk.

Sabres really really need to make the playoffs soon. Everytime it looks like the franchise may finally be on the right track they fall apart the next season . The last couple of playoffs spots in the east this year are pretty pathetic and Sabres still aren't that close to this years playoff "race"

Every team in the "running" for the last two spots ( one is the third Metro division spot ) in the East is on some sort of losing streak right now. It's just pathetic.

Reactions: Realgud

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ron Hansey played almost 1000 games ( 988 ) before playing his first playoff games and then in his first playoff run the won a Cup with the Pens. Pretty sure Olli Jokinen also played almost that much without playoffs. Jokinen only made the playoffs once in his career and it ended in just 6 games .

Jokinen also only played 14 playoff games in the Finnish professional league, and another 6 in the Finnish junior league.

Guy has played less than 30 playoff games total since minor hockey.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
This got me thinking. Who else has played 1,000 games with no playoffs?

Has it been done before?
No. Jeff Skinner will be the first in NHL history and no other hockey league in the world plays or have ever played 82 regular season games.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I was like, no way the Hurricanes must have made it one year and he was just hurt or something....but nope.

Skinner always such an odd goal scorer never sure what you'll get.. one year he'll be on pace for 40 the next he'll get 18 in Carolina.

His first year in Buffalo he got 40, then the next two seasons he got 14 and 7 (in 59 and 53 games) so you think he's done...except the following three years he gets 35, 33 and looks like high 20s this year... What's up with that?

Reactions: Realgud

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was like, no way the Hurricanes must have made it one year and he was just hurt or something....but nope.

Skinner always such an odd goal scorer never sure what you'll get.. one year he'll be on pace for 40 the next he'll get 18 in Carolina.

His first year in Buffalo he got 40, then the next two seasons he got 14 and 7 (in 59 and 53 games) so you think he's done...except the following three years he gets 35, 33 and looks like high 20s this year... What's up with that?
In Carolina, all of his down years coincided with concussions, except for his last one, when Peters pretty much lost the team.

He's scored well in Buffalo outside of injuries and Ralph Krueger's reign.

Still, he averages 29.3 G / 82 games throughout his entire career even with those downs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad