Speculation: Jeff Schultz Has Requested a Trade

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Wow Hudlinator, you are hilarious. How many current NHL Dmen have been +50 in a season? One of them is Jeff Schultz.

Thats some fantastic cherry picking by you.

Here are his +/- for this pro career:

+5
+12
+13
+50
+6

Hmmm one of these things is not like the others. Its not like the guy is a +25 every year. That +50 is a total fluke.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wow Hudlinator, you are hilarious. How many current NHL Dmen have been +50 in a season? One of them is Jeff Schultz.

His +50 season came from playing with a 76 point Mike Green on an offensively dominant Washington Capitals. And that was three seasons ago. He's regressed since then too.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
He could help the Flames. No question about that. I think +- is garbage stat. But +50 is a very special season. Who else has done that?

Jeff Schultz is exactly the type of player that the Flames should be trying to get.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I wouldn't be opposed to shuffling the deck on our bottom pairing.

I'd do Sarich for Schultz. Sarich isn't exactly happy here.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

That's great we should sign Cheecoo too he had 50 goals once :laugh:

+/- is a terrible stat and this argument just proves how little you have watched him the last 3 years. The Capitals play a very similar system to our own and he is useless in it he can't skate or hit and is often lost in his own end. If we are using +/- as a stat that is useful we should throw huge money at Dupuis.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

+/- is a terrible stat and this argument just proves how little you have watched him the last 3 years. The Capitals play a very similar system to our own and he is useless in it he can't skate or hit and is often lost in his own end. If we are using +/- as a stat that is useful we should throw huge money at Dupuis.
I think anyone that uses +/- to prove a point has watched little hockey in their life, not just the last 3 years.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think anyone that uses +/- to prove a point has watched little hockey in their life, not just the last 3 years.

I was saying that the Schultz that was +50 was a top 4 defenseman the last 3 years calling him a #6 defenseman is being nice. The only way I take Schultz is if they take Sarich.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary

Dupuis is awesome. I'd definitely like to see the Feast make a competitive offer for him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was saying that the Schultz that was +50 was a top 4 defenseman the last 3 years calling him a #6 defenseman is being nice. The only way I take Schultz is if they take Sarich.
I would rather buyout Sarich and have neither. But if I had to have one it would be Sarich every time, especially since Schultz brings less and gets paid more.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
At least Sarich can still beat the crap outta guys.
exactly. sarich might be slow and pulls himself out of position for hits but he plays hard, plays with passion and is a tough MFer.

Schultz is a big ****ing wuss.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Dupuis is awesome. I'd definitely like to see the Feast make a competitive offer for him.

Jesus Christ not at the 3+ million he will want he is a very glorified 3rd/4th line tweener. The play more than often dies on his stick, if it wasn't for the fact that Crosby can find him any where on the ice he would be playing with Matt Cooke.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well yeah, when you've got over 40 fights, it's bound to happen...

Usually I'd bet on Sarich though. Dude's a beast when he drops the mitts.
He really is. I would like to see him moved to a team where he gets the chance to play. I think he has more left than given credit for, he just doesn't fit in an up tempo system.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
Jesus Christ not at the 3+ million he will want he is a very glorified 3rd/4th line tweener. The play more than often dies on his stick, if it wasn't for the fact that Crosby can find him any where on the ice he would be playing with Matt Cooke.

why dupuis would be successful anywhere:

- works his butt off
- hates to lose/passion
-finishes
- great pker
- decent PPer

he is a beast with crosby but he is also great by himself. if we sign him 2 years 6mill he will be worth it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
why dupuis would be successful anywhere:

- works his butt off
- hates to lose/passion
-finishes
- great pker
- decent PPer

he is a beast with crosby but he is also great by himself. if we sign him 2 years 6mill he will be worth it.

I doubt he'll settle for 3 per given his numbers.

May 27, 2012
Earth

Get out...I like the way Dupuis plays. Look at his numbers when crosby wasn't playing. Dupuis on his own is a good player, Crosby just brings him to the next level.

In the 2011-2012 season dupuis had 25 goals and 59 points. When Crosby did comeback he did not play with him right away. Crosby played with Cooke and Kennedy in the majority of his games.

He is definetely worth more than what his stats say because he does more than produce points. He is worth it and would love him on the Flames.

TylerSVT*

Dupuis wont come to Calgary unless we offer him a Pejorative Slured contract, and thats something i do not want.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
Get out...I like the way Dupuis plays. Look at his numbers when crosby wasn't playing. Dupuis on his own is a good player, Crosby just brings him to the next level.

In the 2011-2012 season dupuis had 25 goals and 59 points. When Crosby did comeback he did not play with him right away. Crosby played with Cooke and Kennedy in the majority of his games.

He is definetely worth more than what his stats say because he does more than produce points. He is worth it and would love him on the Flames.
Ya but he would have been playing with Malkin or staal...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad