Speculation: Jeff Schultz Has Requested a Trade

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Really? All I ever hear from Caps fans is about how hard Schultz sucks. That's the single thing they all seem to agree on.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Hmmm I didn't think he was that bad. At 6'6 we badly need some size back there. He may not be the most mobile but can he be any slower than Sarich? His cap hit is 2.75M and he's a UFA after next year. I dunno bringing him here might jump start his career again. He was obviously unhappy in Washington.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Eh?

If we were a playoff team and we needed a depth guy I wouldn't mind, but he doesn't fit with the direction of the team. Id rather give a guy like Breen or Cundari a chance to earn that ice time.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't be opposed to trading for him at all. He is a big body, he can't be any slower than sarich and maybe a trade to his hometown team could give him a spark, he is still only 27 so he has a bit of time to turn things around, it wasn't that long ago he was a +50 for the caps and led the league in plus minus

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Schultz + 2nd rd pick for Sarich.

Only Calgarian I want from the Caps is Green.

I'd do this deal.
Sarich is useless on this team, Caps love their Calgary boys on D lol.

For the extra 700k + 2.7 on the second year, I think asking the 2nd rounder is fair.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Don't forget Washington fans on this board also said Wideman sucks.

He would be ok, but I'm more concerned getting Breen, Cundari, etc in the rotation

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'd be okay with Sarich for Schultz + mid round pick. Any other scenario is unacceptable; especially trading any sort of tangible asset away.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Don't forget Washington fans on this board also said Wideman sucks.

He would be ok, but I'm more concerned getting Breen, Cundari, etc in the rotation

This is true, and I've been very happy with Wideman. I think Shultz has a high ceiling and I think acquiring Shultz sends a message to guys on the roster that we trying to win hockey games

But mind you, I could think of 100 better players to send that message

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
This is true, and I've been very happy with Wideman. I think Shultz has a high ceiling and I think acquiring Shultz sends a message to guys on the roster that we trying to win hockey games

But mind you, I could think of 100 better players to send that message

Wideman came exactly as advertised by Washington fans though..
He started out on fire, and then his play significantly dropped off as the season progressed. Much in the same way it did during his time there.

He also has below average defense for a top four defender, and as such got consistently burned throughout the year.

-----------

On topic, I would trade Sarich for Schultz but nothing more than that. Either way I would prefer to just sign Mark Fistric as a UFA anyways. He is far more nasty and physical and that is what our blueline is missing.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
He started out on fire, and then his play significantly dropped off as the season progressed. Much in the same way it did during his time there.

He also has below average defense for a top four defender, and as such got consistently burned throughout the year.

-----------

On topic, I would trade Sarich for Schultz but nothing more than that. Either way I would prefer to just sign Mark Fistric as a UFA anyways. He is far more nasty and physical and that is what our blueline is missing.

They didn't exactly advertise a minute eating, smart defensemen.

To be fair, the whole team really dropped off

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

-----------

This isn't entirely true, sure his game did drop off a bit but when it dropped off was when we moved Jaybo and he was asked to play a far larger role. He was never meant to play a top 2 defensive role he was misused in Wash when played like that and he was miss used when he was a top 2 here. He was beyond anything than we could have hoped for before Jaybo was moved we had a top 10 pp and along side Brodie made a very dependable second pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad