Jeff Petry

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Ference is good but isnt anywhere close to being a top pairing Dman.. I expected him to be a lot better than this from all the hype that was created at the start of the season.

Petry has flaws but is our most valuable Dman ... I think MacT should shop him this deadline.. With so many Dmen injured we should be able to get a lot for him.. (someone like B.Schenn or Simmonds straight up)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Ference is good but isnt anywhere close to being a top pairing Dman.. I expected him to be a lot better than this from all the hype that was created at the start of the season.

Petry has flaws but is our most valuable Dman ... I think MacT should shop him this deadline.. With so many Dmen injured we should be able to get a lot for him.. (someone like B.Schenn or Simmonds straight up)

If you ever thought we would get more out of Ference you were joking yourself. His cap hit alone should have given it away.

I don't think we should trade Petry unless we can find an upgrade first. If that means re-signing him and trading that contract like we did with Smid, then so be it. If he starts playing on the third pairing then we have to dump him for whatever we can get, just like with Smid.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Ferrence is Ferrence.

He is not a top pairing guy, never has been, and does not get paid like one.

On the B's he was a #3/#4 on a Stanley cup winning team. We got exactly what we were hoping for out of him so far.

I don't think we should trade Petry either. Hopefully he develop some chemistry with someone else and find his game again. Basically agree with Mr. Positive.

Just got to hope and wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad