Divine

Dec 18, 2010
k7LGO7K.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
Could care less who won tonight but seems like a pretty blatant hit to the head. No penalty assessed, Galchenyuk slow to get up

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah tough to see the principal point of contact but it doesn’t look like a good hit

Doubt we will see a suspension though

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Difficult to see with these angles. It could have caught him high or to the chest.

Parros has been committed to $5,000 fines of late.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Looks like it was completely accidental to me, Petry was going in a straight line and Galchenyuk (being the low IQ player he is) randomly cuts in and gets shoulder checked...Petry looking back makes it look intentional but I think he was just looking back to see wtf happened.

Probs no review from the league.

Reactions: Vinceee

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hard to tell from that angle, but the last replay doesn't look great.

Actually, it looks a lot like the Kadri on Faulk hit.

Wouldn't be surprised to see DOPS call with Petry tomorrow. Very interesting to see how it plays out as a suspension to Petry would be a massive blow to the Habs, and a game 7 suspension would be a ballsy call from Parros, something he hasn't shown capable of doing recently unless your name is Nazem Kadri.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
Difficult to see anything with these angles.

All we have right now as it happened right before GWG

Nope.

Galchenyuk cuts in on his edges at the last second and gets himself clipped. Petry stays on the same line.

Close up the thread.

Galchenyuk doesn’t move enough to change the trajectory of the hit from legal to illegal. He’s going to miss the shoulder and clip the head.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Doesn't look good. Petry doesn't have a history though, I think that lends him some benefit of the doubt. I think it warrants a regular season suspension but Parros probably thinks it's alright.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Wait, wtf is this logic?

Just because a hit is accidental or unintentional doesn't make it f***ing ok? Jesus.

Idk about it making it "f***ing ok" but it certainly makes it a non issue...Petry is not to blame here. He was skating in a straight line and Galchenyuk cut in and put himself in a vulnerable player.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't see any review from the league. Its not a blind side hit, don't know how Chucky didn't see it coming. Hard to tell but looks like the chest was the principle point of contact.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Is that the excuse if the Leafs lose like whatever about the stick in 1993 that always gets brought up? "If Petry were suspended the Leafs woulda won the cup!"

Reactions: overlords
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad