Speculation: Jeff Malcolm next Lundqvist?

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
Lol hyperbole much?

Hank is a once in a lifetime talent... watch him enjoy him and tell your kids about him when they are old enough. We are never getting anyone as good as him ever again.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Lol hyperbole much?

Hank is a once in a lifetime talent... watch him enjoy him and tell your kids about him when they are old enough. We are never getting anyone as good as him ever again.

I disagree somewhat. I do think we can end up getting a top 5-10 goalie long after Hank retires. But a goalie like Hank? I can agree there. It'll be a longtime before we get somebody like him ever again.

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
I disagree somewhat. I do think we can end up getting a top 5-10 goalie long after Hank retires. But a goalie like Hank? I can agree there. It'll be a longtime before we get somebody like him ever again.

It bothers me that a lot of fans don't realize how good he is... He is already imo the greatest ranger goalie of all time and its not really close.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I like this kid but this is absurd. Lundqvist had won every individual award in the SEL by the time he was 23, Malcolm is 24 and only has one good NCAA season to his name.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Henrik is a once a century goalie to a franchise.

With a cup, rest of career here, he can be the goalie of the franchise's history for at least the first century.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Great, we can stop worrying about the Lundqvist window now. Consider it open for another 15 years we'll just get this guy to step in at some point.

Brady Skjei

Aug 12, 2010
The writer doesn't compare Malcolm to Hank anywhere in the article.. He doesn't say he's going to be the type of player Hank is, he just states that he views Malcolm as a better prospect than all of the other G prospects we have in our system and can quite possibly maybe be Hank's successor (which I don't personally, but to each his own). No reason to overreact about this.

Poozer

Jun 25, 2008
New York
I doubt Malcolm will make it to the NHL in a starting role, I've seen him play a number of games at Yale... it just seems doubtful... and to compare him to Hank is absurd.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There will never be a next Lundqvist. On the off chance somebody should surpass him, they will be the first [enter goalie dude here].

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
LIRL.

Malcolm's had one good set of 5 games. If Ben Marshall put a little more force into his pass, it's very likely Minnesota eliminates them in the 1st game. Bjugstad maybe showing up for once would've been the nail in the coffin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad