4 time 30+ goal scorer
5 time 60+ point scorer
87 pts in 142 playoff games
Cup wins totals: 26 goals and 53 points in 68 games
Best year: 34 goals and 78 points

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Carter was a Centerman, better all around player and played a bigger role/was more valuable to the teams he played on.

Sharp was a very good player but he was a scoring winger who played on some loaded Chicago teams.

While it might be kinda close, the numbers make it seem closer than it is, imo.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Carter was a Centerman, better all around player and played a bigger role/was more valuable to the teams he played on.

Sharp was a very good player but he was a scoring winger who played on some loaded Chicago teams.

Scoring winger? Nope. Just wrong.

Id still give the edge to carter, but that is a poor characterization of sharp. He was better defensively than carter. Also a leader. It’s close but carter. If sharp didn’t have a slow start to his career I’d go with him. Sharp was better in the post season too, but had more opportunities to be.

Reactions: slapKing

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I love Patrick Sharp.

Like an uncomfortable amount.

If the Kings offered to trade Carter for Sharp in the early 2010s, I would have driven Sharp to the airport myself.

Sharp was a great player that was better defensively than one would expect given his position and his offensive numbers. But Carter is a bit better in every facet of the game, and he plays a more valuable position (naturally... Sharp performed admirably as a C during the 2010 run, but by his own admission, he wasn't particularly comfortable with it).

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

It’s worth noting that Sharp actually played center in 2010 for the Blackhawks’ first Cup win, while Carter actually played wing in 2012 for the Kings’ first Cup win.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Carter better offensively.
Sharp better defensively.

Also Sharp didn't break out until age 26.

Therefore, edge to Carter.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Does anybody play like Carter in his prime? Big right handed shooting center that could fly and lay the body. I had visions of Lindros seeing him fly up the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad