Jeff Carter retires

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Many great memories of Jeff Carter with the Flyers and Kings. All the best to him. Drafted the year I graduated high school. Time exists only to betray us.

Reactions: Tachycineta

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
When I was a teenager I remember serving him coffee at a Tim Hortons in London Ontario. He was very tall. Seemed like a nice enough guy in our brief interaction.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Flyers really fumbled what should have been multiple cups with that young core.

Not to mention that they had drafted Giroux before they even traded Sharp, so if they'd kept that whole crew together...jeez.

Happy trails to Carter. A great player. His biggest moment, as a Flyer, was unfortunately this one. Had a chance to force game 7 in the Finals with a mostly-open net and instead shot the puck into Niemi's face. I think given his incredible shooting ability, a lot of Flyers fans were incredibly pissed off by that play, but many years later it wasn't as simple as it looked at the time.

Glad he had the career he did and got his name on the trophy a couple times.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
My favorite Kings player when he was here. I always thought he rarely played bad.

I still remember that lock out season in 2013 when Carter seemed to be the only LA player that could score a goal (26 goals (4th) in just 48 games with only two multiple goals in a game). Unfortunately just 3 goals in the last 12 games while Rocket Richard winner Ovechkin had 12 goals in his last 12 games.

In 2009 he finished second after Ovechkin.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsholygrail

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I have to say, the retirement honorifics after the game were classy, touching and sad (bc its a preview of what's coming in the next few years for Pens fans). The fact that he scored was awesome. It was so cool seeing his family down on the bench while the Pens and Isles teams hanging around on the ice to give him handshakes/hugs, and then see him get 3rd star was a very classy gesture from NYI.

What's sad about his last few years is how the stubbornness and general idiocy of the Pens org soured the end of a great player's years. Carter declined like everyone does. But he didnt force the Pens sign him to an extension, and he probably woudlve waived in the 2021 draft, and likely didnt demand the minutes he got in critical situations this year when his legs and effectiveness were gone. No, that was management and coaching that did that. And yet when Carter was put in the pressbox reflecting where his career was, he didnt pout or act like a shit, or pull any kind of veteran card.

Good luck to him and his family. Kick up your heels and enjoy retirement

Last edited:

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
He won everything a Canadian kid dreams about winning.

Stanley Cup.
Olympic Gold.
World Junior.

Unreal career and life

Reactions: ruaware41

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Probably the best 2C in the league after Malkin.

And an absolute Blackhawks killer, to boot.

Happy retirement!

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
He was pretty good at his best. Played well for the Flyers, was instrumental with the Kings championships. Loved him on both Team Canadas at the Olympics. Scored a lot of goals for a centre. I always thought he seemed so big and so natural out there and I can never put my finger on why he didn't score more even.

Reactions: ruaware41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad