Jeff Carter retires

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm old enough to remember when fans were upset he (and Doughty) was named to Team Canada only for them to finish 1-2 in scoring lol

Hall of Very Good for sure. Guy was an absolute baller in LA and added a speed element and secondary scoring we didn't have. Fun fact, was the only player not named Kopitar to lead the Kings in scoring for a 15 year period. He'll never get credit for being a super smart and strong defensive player as well, we thought he was brought in simply to be a winger that could score on Richards' side, but when Richards started fading and Carter was moved to center, and then of course Pearson and Toffoli were added, he was basically the missing element and could match up vs. anyone. A nice luxury to have.

I'll never forget that 2014 series with the Hawks...with Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown vs. Hossa-Toews-Shaw/Sharp blackholing each other and then Kane-Saad-Sharp/Shaw vs. Pearson-Carter-Toffoli just teeing off on one another scoring like crazy, completely opposite expereinces haha.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Congrats to Carter - take well-earned pride for a fine NHL career.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Happy retirement to a beautiful goal scorer.

tumblr_momnfuMfk81qiauouo1_500.gifv

I'm guessing the missing teeth and cut on his chin are courtesy of Duncan "I'm gonna carve you up" Keith.

Great career and a key player during the Kings Cup years.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
was he a factor at all in pittsburgh? like did he anchor a good defensive line or anything?
Overall, I'd say he was a good factor. Just played a year too long.

He was pretty good for PIT in the short time in 2020-21 when they acquired him. Really great in 21-22.

Crosby and Malkin were both injured to start the season and he held down the fort very well, and then settled into a solid bottom 6 + PK role very well.

22-23 it was pretty obvious he was about done, probably should have retired last year.

This season the team had a lot of struggles and he was a bit over-used by Sullivan.

Reactions: sanscosm

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I flipped to the Pens/Islanders game after watching the Leafs get beat. Was very pleased to see both the fans in an opposing arena and the home team salute and congratulate an opposing player, knowing this is the last time they will face him. Some may say what they want about the NHL, but they have some of the classiest fanbases and a real traditional sportsmanship approach from doing stuff like this to handshakes in the playoffs. Happy to see Carter sent off like this - certainly well deserving considering having a solid career and endearing himself to his various teams and fanbases wherever he went.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Carter played about 2 years too long but you can't deny he had a terrific career. Hope he has a good retirement.
Came here to say this as aside from faceoffs he was a total black hole 5 on 5 this season and wasn't really NHL worthy but he still had a very good career.

It goes without saying that it will be very interesting to see what the Pens do this offseason.

Reactions: wgknestrick

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Glad I won’t have to root for Jeff f***ing Carter anymore

Happy retirement though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad