Jeff Carter retires

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Great career. Carter was an awesome scorer for many years in Philly and LA, and definitely one of the major reasons for the Kings' run of playoff success. He was pretty obviously diminished in his last couple seasons with the Penguins, but he was great for them after they initially traded for him. I'll remember the times he came up big for Pittsburgh.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Loved his time with the Kings; always scored in big games and knew how to play a 200ft game.

Incredible career Jeff!

View attachment 854216
Their offense was so anemic during the regular season, they would have to win games 2-1 constantly, Jeff Carter was that secondary scoring which changed everything for them. Got the 8th seed on the back of a monster Goalie. Then they just destroyed the playoffs

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Awesome player, awesome guy, and awesome career.

Really enjoyed his time here in Pittsburgh. Though, maybe lasted one year too long.

I also loved how the flyers shipped him off the way they did with all dramatics and then he won 2 cups in the party city of LA lol

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Loved his style of play. That speed and wrist shot was a lethal combination.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
President Carter. El Jefe. I'd be lying if I said this didn't bring a tear to my eye. I always hated the Flyers but young Richards and Carter were two of my favorites, so I was thrilled when they made their way to LA and a team I could actually cheer for.

Early on Carter was your prototypical sniper. He looked so great on Richards' wing their first 2 seasons in LA. He would've flirted with 50 goals in that lockout shortened season. But then in 2014 when Richards went down he changed his game to be an underrated two-way force. He still had that speed and lethal wrister, scoring some big goals, but he was a different player away from Richards. Toffoli wouldn't be what he is today without his time on That 70's Line with Carter and Pearson.

I was really hoping Vegas would've added one more former King last year (or this) with Carter, but it wasn't meant to be. Another great from that 2003 draft, and another Canadian from that group who won damn near all there is to win.

Thanks for the memories Carts!

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Enjoyed the Isle players honoring him at the end of the game. Pretty cool.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
was he a factor at all in pittsburgh? like did he anchor a good defensive line or anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad