Jeff Brown

100mph slapshot

Nov 19, 2005
Finland
What's his story? I've heard he had some attitude issues and had severe back problems that ultimately ended his career. As far as offense goes, his stats look very good throughout his career.

GP: 747
G: 154
A: 429
TP: 583

Also 65pts in 87 playoff games.

What kind of impact did he have on his teams and their success? Who would you compare him to? Steve Duchesne maybe?

Roy G Biv*

One of the best point shots I've ever seen... that pretty much sums up Brown. He could pass too.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Jeff Brown was pretty instrumental in the Canucks' 1994 playoff march.

Petr Nedved was locked in a contract dispute with the Canucks, and he eventually signed as an RFA with the St. Louis Blues.

An arbitrator awarded the Canucks Craig Janney as compensation (the Canucks wanted Brendan Shanahan), but Janney refused to report to Vancouver.

The Canucks then traded Janney back to the Blues for Jeff Brown, Nathan Lafayatte and Brett Hedican - three key pieces to the run to the Finals.

Brown added an extra dimensiion of offence from the back-end, and really was a keyt player for them.

The next season, Brown fueded with new coach Rick Ley, and was eventually traded to Hartford for, I believe, Frantisec Kucera?

There were lots of rumours that Brown was a cancer in the room - and that he had an affair with goaltender Kirk McLean's wife. McLean has since denied those rumours, but his game left him around that time, and when the Canucks eventually traded McLean to Carolina, the Canes' Jeff Brown was shipped out hours afterward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad