SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
BY1X6JGCUAAOLxb.jpg:large

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Will be a star on this team soon.

IMO Grant has passed him on this team, at least for the time being. Is Pageau a star in the AHL yet? He's still quite young & has plenty of time to rebound, just not sure if it will be with Ottawa, although the organization seem to like him a lot. Nice to see how Ottawa is slowly placing a majority of the guys who won the Calder Cup with Bingo into their lineup. I count at least nine to date & maybe ten, if or when Hoffman is called up. :handclap:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO Grant has passed him on this team, at least for the time being. Is Pageau a star in the AHL yet? He's still quite young & has plenty of time to rebound, just not sure if it will be with Ottawa, although the organization seem to like him a lot. Nice to see how Ottawa is slowly placing a majority of the guys who won the Calder Cup with Bingo into their lineup. I count at least nine to date & maybe ten, if or when Hoffman is called up. :handclap:

9 points in 5 games. All over the ice, great defensively, plays with his heart on his sleeves, gritty, speedy af etc...

Yea, he is a star there already and he shall be in Ottawa.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
9 points in 5 games. All over the ice, great defensively, plays with his heart on his sleeves, gritty, speedy af etc...

Yea, he is a star there already and he shall be in Ottawa.

I think "star" might be pushing it. I think his ceiling is Vermette. But ends up closer to a Kelly.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I think "star" might be pushing it. I think his ceiling is Vermette. But ends up closer to a Kelly.

Way too much finish (already shown at the NHL level) to end up as a Kelly-type player.

If he makes it he'll end up with more production than Kelly. In style he's somewhere between Gilmour (defensive mindset) and Steve Sullivan (skating and hands).

As for where he'll end up production-wise? Anyone's guess but I'd bet his best NHL season is around 55 points.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

That might be just a tad simplistic. Pageau has accomplished more than Grant at the pro-level and is almost 3 years younger.

I like Grant a lot but Pageau has the higher upside.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Pageau is already a star in Ottawa. The fans love him.

Also, his GF is not bad at all.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Really hard to distinguish Pageau's potential without seeing more of him. He could be anywhere from Briere to Paille.

The sense of "star" is what Benny has already addressed. A star on the team in both communal and heart elements. A guy that the community, team, locker-room loves. A huge fan favourite who is also real good on the ice.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Has he ever played wing?

Yes, absolutely.

One of my favourite Pageau's birthday memories is, along with about a half dozen other Hull fans, singing 'Bonne Fête Pageau' loudly enough that it it was filling the otherwise silent Air Creebec Centre. I was thinking about putting in a birthday announcement for 'Jean Gabriel,' but I didn't... I should have...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad