JD Call with STHs

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
Personal Belief. A team with 12 PAtrick Kanes playing at once would not be a winner. There are different jobs on a hockey team. Letestu fills so many as did DMac. I think letting that type of player go two years in a row is not good for this team. As long as the price is not astronomical I want to see him signed for 2 more years. He brings stability that can not be overlooked.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Personal Belief. A team with 12 PAtrick Kanes playing at once would not be a winner. There are different jobs on a hockey team. Letestu fills so many as did DMac. I think letting that type of player go two years in a row is not good for this team. As long as the price is not astronomical I want to see him signed for 2 more years. He brings stability that can not be overlooked.

Letestu will want 3 or 4 years aka dmac. That's the issue

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site

Perhaps not on target, but I considered DMac to have many more miles on him. I also was more okay letting DMac go BECAUSE we had Letestu. No such player on the roster right now. Letestu is a great deal a better player than DMac who was strictly a 4th line center / PKer. Letestu also can fill in on any line, play powerplay and is + in the shootout.

3-4 year for Letestu is a non-issue for me. Worst case, we'd be able to deal him should another candidate emerges.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Is it? I'm sure he'll want one for his family. At the same time he's went on record as wanting to come back. He didn't dance around it, it just came out and said it.

I think they can work out term easily enough. I think we'll be waiting to see what our forward situation looks like up to and after the draft before we commit.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005

Disagree. His competition is Artie. I think the calculation is how far JD & JK (JP for that matter) think we can go next year. If they think we can get the whole enchilada they may take a chance on Artie's contract and FA status and keep them both or Artie over Mark.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
A team with 12 Patrick Kanes would sure score a heck of a lot of goals.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Personal Belief. A team with 12 PAtrick Kanes playing at once would not be a winner.

I'm generally a believer in balancing your lineup with different player-types, but 12 Patrick Kanes would annihilate every team in the league. He's just too good for your analogy.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't think this is the best place for Letestu's career, especially if he's stuck with boat anchors on his wings, but Letestu has made it loud and clear that he's committed to staying a Blue Jacket and "seeing it through". He's been here since we were at rock bottom and he doesn't want to leave now. As long as we aren't trying to give him an insulting offer, we can get this done.

And I think we definitely have a job for him. It's not good for Arty's trade value to play him as a 4th liner. And Chaput and Karlsson don't seem to be ready.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
And I think we definitely have a job for him. It's not good for Arty's trade value to play him as a 4th liner. And Chaput and Karlsson don't seem to be ready.

Are you implying that the job for Letestu is on a line higher than Anisimov?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't think this is the best place for Letestu's career, especially if he's stuck with boat anchors on his wings, but Letestu has made it loud and clear that he's committed to staying a Blue Jacket and "seeing it through". He's been here since we were at rock bottom and he doesn't want to leave now. As long as we aren't trying to give him an insulting offer, we can get this done.

Agree totally.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Disagree. His competition is Artie. I think the calculation is how far JD & JK (JP for that matter) think we can go next year. If they think we can get the whole enchilada they may take a chance on Artie's contract and FA status and keep them both or Artie over Mark.

I'm in agreement with this. Barring a trade having both of them makes the team as strong as possible next year. If things don't work outArty could be shipped out at the deadline.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Meh, the biggest issue with Letestu (and AA) is that we're sitting around 63 million toward a 71-73 million cap with an ass ton of forward depth.

We have a lot of options.

As I said, in this or another thread, I think we're looking to see what we can do around the draft before we start committing to more contracts. We have to clear out some of that forward depth and we would like to address the defense a bit (JK I think commented on that).

The more I look at our cap situation the more I'm convinced that moving Wiz was more to address potential cap issues. We need to do some adjustments on defense and had to move one or two guys to free up cap (salary) in addition to roster spots.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Agree, assuming the consensus is Wennberg plays 3C. Thus the spot for AA would hve to be wing - not 4C. With some competent wingers like the end of this past season, Letestu can be 4C assuming a reasonable contract can be worked out (otherwise he's off to play 3C elsewhere).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad