Nashville: 55. Kaspars Daugavins

Carolina: 56. Robert Nyholm

NY Islanders: 57. Michael Ratchuk

Chicago: 58. Riley Holzapfel

Detroit: 59. Kirill Tulupov

Buffalo: 60.Tony Lagerstrom

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I'd personally go with Okposo or Tlusty before Little for Phoenix, but I love the Osala pick at 45.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Interesting that the first round assumes the Wings win the Cup and the second assumes the Sabres win the Cup.

Otherwise it looks like a highly possible mock draft.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Originally Posted by Jozef Balej
Los Angeles: 11. Riku Helenius

Atlanta: 12. Patrik Berglund

Interesting, i do not hate it, but very surprising. Helenius at #11 is a stretch but might be worth it. Berglund seems high too, but with his upside i can see. Good job.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
WpgKings13 said:
Interesting, i do not hate it, but very surprising. Helenius at #11 is a stretch but might be worth it. Berglund seems high too, but with his upside i can see. Good job.

If the Kings do in fact want to get Helenius with their 1st round pick this year I would hope they would trade down into the mid 20's......because there is a very good chance he would still be on the board then and the Kings might be able to pick up a 2nd round pick in the process.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Interesting to see people suggesting the Blues will take Grabner with the 1st-round pick from Carolina. No real opinion either way on it, just interesting that I've seen it more in the last few days than I have in all the previous mocks combined.

But I still say the Blues will pass on Clutterbuck while there's more offensively gifted players on the board.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
First mock I've seen with Frolik going to the Habs. I could see Timmins and co. doing this if he's still on the board, justifying the pick by saying they felt they got a player with "top 10" talent who fell only because he was in a bad situation in Kladno, and liking the fact that he's going to Rimouski next season.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Spongebob said:
If the Kings do in fact want to get Helenius with their 1st round pick this year I would hope they would trade down into the mid 20's......because there is a very good chance he would still be on the board then and the Kings might be able to pick up a 2nd round pick in the process.

I honestly don't think Helenius will fall that far.

And I'm really trying not to be argumentative with you ;) I just disagree.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
minny will take Francois Bouchard in the 2nd round since we have his bro Pierre marc and he could help us.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I'm not typically critical of mocks because it's true anything can happen, but Shutron might be a stretch for the Pens, due to their offensive d-man depth already being set with Letang and Goligoski... but like I said, anything can happen.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Nice work. Love the Pens pick at #2. If it happened in real life I'd be happy enough not to complain about any other picks.

I'd prefer someone else at #32 because players like Shutron are really our only area of depth in the system.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I have my doubts about the Kings picking Helenius over Frolik or Tlusty... but I just cannot see the Leafs drafting yet another defenceman in a system already plugged with them, and lacking any bonafide wingers...

Also, how did Emmerton and Foligno fall into the second round? I'd sooner see the Leafs going after a David Kveton in the second round...

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
Similar to the few posts above, there is no way the leafs would pass on Tlusty especially for sanguinetti whom I think we have a minimal chance taking even if he is available.

I love the backstrom at #2 and the drop on the staal at 5. GJ. Also, the Emmerton to TO at 43 :)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Corona-12 said:
Vancouver aquired Anaheim 2nd rounder on the deadline. Since the Ducks made the playoffs it was named a 2nd.

Washington acquired Anaheim's second rounder for Jeff Friesen. Anaheim acquired the Isle's second rounder from Vancouver in the Keith Carney trade. Vancouver will likely get a 2007 second rounder in exchange for Carlyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad