Recalled/Assigned: Jayson Megna

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
That's funny.. Was walking into my office this morning (53rd and 7th) and brushed shoulders with a guy in a sweet designer suit and a rangers cap, lugging a suitcase. Thought to myself that maybe he could be a Rangers call-up, due to our injuries, but didn't recognize him.

Just did a quick Google search, and I'm 90% sure it was Megna.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
5-7-12 in the AHL so far, and leads the Wolf Pack in SOG.

Hopefully he gets a few nights in during this stretch while Stepan is out.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
When the Rangers hit the road they're going to need an extra forward around.

To me the two best choices in Hartford were Megna or Adam. Megna has excellent wheels. He's not huge but he's not small--which is Gibbons main problem. Megna regularly kills penalties. Megna is not afraid to shoot the puck--68 shots on goal in 21 games.

Adam missed 10 games---he seems to be playing fairly well in the last few games. His major asset over Megna is he can fill in at center.

Gibbons is very small. IMO--the Rangers don't need to be smaller. That works against Ryan Bourque as well.

Hrivik and Glass have huge minuses. They're both putting up some offense but it's not enough to offset the amount of goals being scored while either is on the ice.

Tambellini IMO is not ready. Tambellini started off strong but he's been missing from the scoresheet for a while. He's our best forward prospect in Hartford but even so....he doesn't deserve to be called up at this point in time.

Megna is probably the best choice IMO.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
When the Rangers hit the road they're going to need an extra forward around.
To me the two best choices in Hartford were Megna or Adam. Megna has excellent wheels. He's not huge but he's not small--which is Gibbons main problem. Megna regularly kills penalties. Megna is not afraid to shoot the puck--68 shots on goal in 21 games.
Adam missed 10 games---he seems to be playing fairly well in the last few games. His major asset over Megna is he can fill in at center.
Gibbons is very small. IMO--the Rangers don't need to be smaller. That works against Ryan Bourque as well.
Hrivik and Glass have huge minuses. They're both putting up some offense but it's not enough to offset the amount of goals being scored while either is on the ice.
Tambellini IMO is not ready. Tambellini started off strong but he's been missing from the scoresheet for a while. He's our best forward prospect in Hartford but even so....he doesn't deserve to be called up at this point in time.
Megna is probably the best choice IMO.

he was just about the last active F demoted, so the coaches must have liked him

also, among the likely call-ups, Megna was the only Right-shot
with Step' out, only Stoll, Fast shoot R among the F's
not a huge deal, but a consideration

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
It's not Glass!!

yes-yes-yes-o.gif

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
he was just about the last active F demoted, so the coaches must have liked him

also, among the likely call-ups, Megna was the only Right-shot
with Step' out, only Stoll, Fast shoot R among the F's
not a huge deal, but a consideration

They like him, he can skate and is good on the PP. He didn't cut in the NHL because he wasn't good in all 3 zones in his last cup of tea, but as far as his AHL numbers go, he broke out as a scorer last year.

He might see PP duty, he's very good at getting open on the back door.

If the Rangers can turn him into a 4th line filler; maybe some offense follows.

Unlike his buddy Gibbons, he's not turnover prone or weak on the walls.

He just took a really long winding route, rushed out of college, and into the NHL by the pens because he can skate and shoot.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
That's funny.. Was walking into my office this morning (53rd and 7th) and brushed shoulders with a guy in a sweet designer suit and a rangers cap, lugging a suitcase. Thought to myself that maybe he could be a Rangers call-up, due to our injuries, but didn't recognize him.

Thats awesome

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Thats awesome that you work so close to the chicken and rice stand

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
Thats awesome that you work so close to the chicken and rice stand

Haha yeah the Halal Guys! Very solid lunch for $7, but I almost killed myself the first time I got it. Dumped 2 packets of red sauce on my platter - had no clue what I was getting myself into

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Why, are we calling up a D instead?

Gotta assume so. Even when Megna got called up it was noted that it was because someone was a game time decision. Everyone knows AV always wants 8D, so guess he's more comfortable having an extra dman opposed to forward? Or just for practice maybe. Assuming if this is the case (dman coming up) then sending Jayson down is just to save as much as possible on the cap. Considering that we're in New York for the next few days, if there's a forward emergency we can just bring one over from the Pack.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Gotta assume so. Even when Megna got called up it was noted that it was because someone was a game time decision. Everyone knows AV always wants 8D, so guess he's more comfortable having an extra dman opposed to forward? Or just for practice maybe. Assuming if this is the case (dman coming up) then sending Jayson down is just to save as much as possible on the cap. Considering that we're in New York for the next few days, if there's a forward emergency we can just bring one over from the Pack.

Should Skjei get a look here or is it too early to do so?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Well someone was a game time decision last night so they probably wanted Megna up just in case a forward couldn't go. Now that everyone appears healthy or whatever, they're not going to waste even another day carrying an extra salary that doesn't need to be carried. That's all this comes down to. Maybe he gets recalled when they head out west for the road trip and it's not as easy to recall guys since they're on the other side of the continent.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Should Skjei get a look here or is it too early to do so?

Depends. If Diaz is healthy enough (still a few days to get ready), it will be him, unless the Rangers are 100% fine with losing him as an asset. If he's not healthy, I assume Summers will be the call-up. However, I'd prefer bringing up Skjei to Summers. Probably won't get in a game, but the few days of experience being up with the big club could be a good thing for him. And if another defenseman goes down, without having watched Skjei play since pre-season, I'm 100% confident that he'd give us better minutes than Summers. Guy just can't play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad