Recalled/Assigned: Jayden Struble Called Up (RHP placed on IR)

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Struble has been pretty much the only one able to play D correctly this year under Houle.

Laaouan would be the better replacement for what Struble brings.
Agree, Laaouan plays tough. Problem for my Lions is I bet he won't come back.

Reactions: Rapala

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Happy for him, well deserved call up. Let's see ( and hope ) if he can be an upgrade to Harris

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Happy for him, well deserved call up. Let's see ( and hope ) if he can be an upgrade to Harris
I feel bad for Harris but He doesn't have the attributes nor the physicality to keep him in the starting lineup. He does a lot of things well but nothing really well which he needs to overcome his deficiencies. I honestly don't see a huge trade value there. I think Harris is getting pushed out before the beginning of next season. I wonder if he holds on to a job as seven?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Struble seemed so far away from the NHL just a few months ago. Things change so quickly.
When he arrived in Laval late last season and played 11 games (regular season and playoffs) really helped him prepare for this upcoming season.

I know it's a big jump and we need to be patient but I think this kid has interesting upside.

I feel bad for Harris but He doesn't have the attributes nor the physicality to keep him in the starting lineup. He does a lot of things well but nothing really well which he needs to overcome his deficiencies. I honestly don't see a huge trade value there. I think Harris is getting pushed out before the beginning of next season. I wonder if he holds on to a job as seven?
Habs won't be able to keep all of these young D and Harris is probably part of a trade in the future.

Reactions: NewDef

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Struble seemed so far away from the NHL just a few months ago. Things change so quickly.

not really, just like last year when we talked about Luke Tuch. It's a very similar situation just that Tuch is having a strong Senior year and Struble didn't but going into their Senior year many fans didn't think too much of either.

But with their size, and the power game they play, with it being such a big need for the Habs, guys like that are going to get more of a chance because we need to hit on guys like that, that bring some nasty to the lineup.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah that was my thought as well.

Also, remember how there were loud calls for norlinder to make this team out of camp? That sure died down quickly.

Indeed, things change quick.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Habs calling up their best Rocket D this season. You love to see it. Well deserved.

It's always difficult to know how games will translate in the NHL, as the league is filled with overachievers that have mastered their craft, with some barely able to hang on for a few seasons, even with the kind of talent we can only dream of.

That being said, I really like how active Struble is defensively. He takes away a lot of ice, space and options against wingers and has good gap control. How that will translate against NHlers remains to be seen, but he's got a lot of tools to work with.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Never really had any high hopes for the kid, I know he's a beast physically, but always was wary of his IQ.

I sure hope he'll make me eat crows.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Who can forget this moment …
tumblr_oadgjzIMEP1qh588ko1_1280%2B%25281%2529.png

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the guy frequently ranked 10th or lower in our D list became one of the best ones? Just looking at the lack of progression in his numbers made many, myself included, think he wasn't even going to get an ELC.

Northeastern seems to mold NHL habits into their dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad