Confirmed with Link: Jay Feaster hired as Executive Director of Community Hockey Development

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
http://www.rawcharge.com/2014/7/2/5...y-lightning-general-manager-jay-feaster-hired

Raw Charge has learned Feaster has been hired to help cultivate the local game of hockey from the ground up - youth and high school hockey will be his focus as Executive Director of Community Hockey Development. He'll be working with assets already part of the Lightning executive suite to give more focus and support to local high school programs as well as aiding the local rinks.

I was never a big fan of his GMing but I am happy to have him back with the Lightning, especially in a role he should excel in. He's a person who you can tell truly loves the Lightning. As long as he's not giving trade advice to Yzerman I'm happy another piece of 2004 is back in the organization.

EDIT: Perhaps it might be time to remove Jon Jordan and Damien Cristodero as prefixes and maybe add in Raw Charge?

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
How is local hockey down there in Tampa anyways? I play Midget up here and there are a LOT of teams, I imagine it's a lot different down there.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
How is local hockey down there in Tampa anyways? I play Midget up here and there are a LOT of teams, I imagine it's a lot different down there.

Not a whole lot, although it's grown a ton since I moved down here(lots more high school teams, midgets and so on). Ice time has always been a big problem. I believe though that there are plans for a five rink complex just north of the city, construction to start soon.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Not a whole lot, although it's grown a ton since I moved down here(lots more high school teams, midgets and so on). Ice time has always been a big problem. I believe though that there are plans for a five rink complex just north of the city, construction to start soon.

Local hockey is huge, I'm assuming you've not been over to the ISF in Brandon?

Sure it's not as big as Canada, but we've got around 10 teams per league with 15-20 per players per team, with 8 or 9 leagues, and that's only one location.

High school hockey is also pretty popular.

Again, nothing compared to Canada or really anywhere up north.

But I'm perfectly content on my amateur team with the size of it. :)

Although you are right about ice time, it's always in very high demand and can be frustrating.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Local hockey is huge, I'm assuming you've not been over to the ISF in Brandon?

Sure it's not as big as Canada, but we've got around 10 teams per league with 15-20 per players per team, with 8 or 9 leagues, and that's only one location.

High school hockey is also pretty popular.

Again, nothing compared to Canada or really anywhere up north.

But I'm perfectly content on my amateur team with the size of it. :)

Although you are right about ice time, it's always in very high demand and can be frustrating.

Ehhh, I'm from Minnesota. It probably sounds like I'm judging unfairly. I'm really not, I'm about as big a proponent of hockey in Florida as you'll find. That being said, it is much smaller than up north, but that's only to be expected. And it is growing, a lot. I'm actually really happy about how people here take to hockey, it's impressive.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Ehhh, I'm from Minnesota. It probably sounds like I'm judging unfairly. I'm really not, I'm about as big a proponent of hockey in Florida as you'll find. That being said, it is much smaller than up north, but that's only to be expected. And it is growing, a lot. I'm actually really happy about how people here take to hockey, it's impressive.

When I say "local hockey is huge" I'm talking about for Florida, where the last time it snowed was like 1978. ;)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/former-gm-feaster-back-with-lightning-20140703/
The announcement is expected to be made official Monday...

I like this. I remember Vinik meeting with Feaster back in 2010 before he named Yzerman as the GM and I wondered if it was out of respect or if he really did like him for a hire. I think this is good for Feaster though since he did play a big part in creating fan interest in the team and sport years back and he does care about the area down in Florida. He was never going to get another GM job haha, so welcome back Feaster.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I always liked the guy - not necessarily his GM'ing though. Good to have him back in the Bolts family.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Time to start stocking Cheetos's at the forum. It would give a nice revenue bump, unless unlimited access to Cheetos are part of his contract.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I was always under the impression that while his GM skills left a lot to be desired, he has always been full of class. As long as it doesn't involve anything that happens on the Ice for us, I'm more than happy welcoming him back to Tampa. :handclap:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I posted this elsewhere on here, but I find Chicagoland interesting. I'm seeing them turning out a surprising amount of quality minor leaguers*, but the Hawks were terrible and seemingly a non-factor during the years that they were picking up sticks.

*Por example: Not to confuse all of Illinois with Chicagoland, but 11 players from Illinois were on ECHL playoff rosters spread out over 16 teams. Your usual suspects of Canada, MA, MN, etc. are still the big producers, but Illinois has a surprising representation.

Curious how it happened.

Tampabear

Mar 5, 2014
I used to see Jay at the Forum years ago when I worked in the suites. Just a genuine nice guy. He treated all the employees there respectfully. I am glad to have him back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad