Jay Bouwmeester done for the season.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Out 4-6 months... 34 years old now. Crazy he’s been in the league for 16 years. Signed thru next season with a 5.4 mil cap hit. Finishes the season with 7 points, +5, 20:08 TOI avg in 35 games.
Tough break for the St. Louis’ blue line.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Out 4-6 months... 34 years old now. Crazy he’s been in the league for 16 years. Signed thru next season with a 5.4 mil cap hit. Finishes the season with 7 points, +5, 20:08 TOI avg in 35 games.
Tough break for the St. Louis’ blue line.

Not really...he's been pretty meh most of the year. Missing Edmundson has been brutal though

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Kind of surprised over his numbers. +1100 games but not even 400 pts. A guy who could skate that well and who had decent skills other than that should've scored more. But there always was something sort of tentative about his game.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Just one of those years, really started in training camp with Fabbri out for the season. At least they got assets for Stastny.

Sometimes missing the playoffs isn't a bad thing and i think the Blues are in that position. Rest the guys up in the summer, they're going to have a big chunk of cap space and they have some younger guys who could get better for next year. Come to play with a chip on your shoulder and they'll most likely be back in the mix again.

It's funny though. 2 years ago i told my friend i think the Blues will have a hiccup and miss. Well they almost did but got back into it with a late push. This year i expected them to be good, started off the way i thought and then fell off.

Hockey is a funny sport, you never know what's going to happen.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Kind of surprised over his numbers. +1100 games but not even 400 pts. A guy who could skate that well and who had decent skills other than that should've scored more. But there always was something sort of tentative about his game.
i think he became more of a defensive dman when he joined st.louis after poor offensive numbers in cgy

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis

I would bet half the people on this board could shoot harder than him, he has no shot at all, he cant even get rebound assists because his shots never get to the net.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
This is a blessing in disguise for STL. He’s been playing very injured, and thus very poorly his entire time this season. With JBo out for the rest of the season, Fabbri our for the year, Stastny gone, Edmundson Still injured, Sanford just now coming back, Upshall out, never replacing Perron, and Allen sucking, this should help us with tanking down the stretch. We have no business entering the playoffs with the roster as is. Hopefully we can be bad enough to keep our pick this year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This is a blessing in disguise for STL. He’s been playing very injured, and thus very poorly his entire time this season. With JBo out for the rest of the season, Fabbri our for the year, Stastny gone, Edmundson Still injured, Sanford just now coming back, Upshall out, never replacing Perron, and Allen sucking, this should help us with tanking down the stretch. We have no business entering the playoffs with the roster as is. Hopefully we can be bad enough to keep our pick this year.
They have a 9 point lead over the 10th worst team. I don't think they could fall that far at all.

Whereas they are 3 points out of a playoff spot...2+need 1 to avoid losing the tiebreaker.

Making the playoffs is much more likely than dropping to bottom 10.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
They have a 9 point lead over the 10th worst team. I don't think they could fall that far at all.

Whereas they are 3 points out of a playoff spot...2+need 1 to avoid losing the tiebreaker.

Making the playoffs is much more likely than dropping to bottom 10.

While all of that is 100% true.... We are also 1-8 in in our last nine games, But you are right, to many games left against the Hawks, other bad teams, I mean someone has to win those games,

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad