Jason Zucker

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What is a good comparison with this player?? what do you think his point max will be?... I am thinking of picking him up in my keeper league.. I see he is having a great rookie season in the AHL this year so far

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What is a good comparison with this player?? what do you think his point max will be?... I am thinking of picking him up in my keeper league.. I see he is having a great rookie season in the AHL this year so far

He has yet to disappoint at any level since being drafted. He's very fast and has a great shot, two skills that should translate to the NHL. He also plays really hard, has a bit of sandpaper to his game and is a great leader.

Comparison: Parise

Before, I thought he'd be a very good 3rd liner, maybe a 20g 20a guy. Now, I wouldn't be surprised with him settling in at 30g 30a.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
He has a chance to be a offensive presence in the NHL, which I never thought possible before. He just keeps improving and answering every question.

Billy Mays Here*

The guy has the shooting mentality of Ovi. He's shooting the puck all the freakin' time. I think Cammalleri is a fair comparison.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He is very good and i've always liked him. Wild top 3 pick from 2010 draft with 9th overall and 2 2nd rounders.

Mikael Granlund
Jason Zucker
Johan Larsson

All very good prospects and they are all in the first round in redraft.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
hmmmm tough decision if I should grab him in my keeper league... i just have a strange feeling he may turn into something real good... Ya Im sure he will play AHL for a couple years, but looking at his start this year, i bet he gets quite a bit of time in NHL on and off this year and next

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Big fan of Zucker's skill set. High end speed and a very willing shooter with a extremely quick release. Not afraid to stick his nose into the dirty areas and is a character player. There's not a lot not to like about him as a wing prospect. At 20, he could still stand to fill out a tad more given his play style; but that goes for most prospects his age. Higher end is that he projects as pure scorer with a franchise like the Wild that has capable facilitators. If all else fails he's an energy guy.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of legitimate NHL results for this season or next. He'll have to earn his way through the ranks and the Wild will be fine with him building confidence in Houston.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Big fan of Zucker's skill set. High end speed and a very willing shooter with a extremely quick release. Not afraid to stick his nose into the dirty areas and is a character player. There's not a lot not to like about him as a wing prospect. At 20, he could still stand to fill out a tad more given his play style; but that goes for most prospects his age. Higher end is that he projects as pure scorer with a franchise like the Wild that has capable facilitators. If all else fails he's an energy guy.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of legitimate NHL results for this season or next. He'll have to earn his way through the ranks and the Wild will be fine with him building confidence in Houston.

He has 45 more shots than 2nd place on Houston with 2-3 fewer games played. Very willing shooter, indeed.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
How does he compare with other Wild prospects like Coyle, Phillips and Larsson? I noticed he's at a PPG pace just like Granlund but obviously points don't tell the whole story. How does Zucker compare to Granlund?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How does he compare with other Wild prospects like Coyle, Phillips and Larsson? I noticed he's at a PPG pace just like Granlund but obviously points don't tell the whole story. How does Zucker compare to Granlund?

Good question... Id like to see peoples comments on this one. I really dont know much about Zucker other than what i read and see on his stats. I see point wise he is doing unreal so far... Does he have potential to be an all around great player??? good points and Ive read he is great defensively... is he also a leader??? Could he be Toews-like???

Billy Mays Here*

I came into this year thinking Coyle would be lighting up the AHL but it's actually been Zucker. I'd like to think he can replace Bouchard on the 2nd line LW within the next couple years. If the Wild need to make a forward call-up, I really hope Zucker is the first one to get the call, even if Coyle's playstyle makes him slightly more NHL ready than Zucker.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

He's a different type of player than Granlund, a shoot-first mentality as opposed to Granlunds playmaking.

Right now, most Wild fans have him below Granlund, even with Coyle, and ahead of guys like Larsson and Phillips.

I think he's going to be a very good pro.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

Zucker has a quick first few steps and great overall speed. He is faster than Coyle, Phillips, Larsson, and Granlund. Also, he has probably the best shot out of all of them as well. Granlund has a heck of a wrister but he does not get it off as quick - at least from what I have seen of the Aeros (only missed two games thus far). His speed and shot help him on the cycle. His speed gets him in on the forecheck. He has a knack for scoring clutch goals.

Granlund has much better vision, puckhandling, and playmaking abilities. However, I think Zucker is the quicker forward who shoots first. Granlund's vision and his highlights from the FEL are hard to disregard but Zucker has been the more impressive forward in the AHL.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

Coyle is a skilled big man who hasn't yet learned how to use his huge body properly. He's a bit more of a project than I had hoped for coming into this year. Size, speed, skill he has all of it. He just needs to figure out how to put it together.

Granlund has elite skills and distribution. Game IQ is in the upper echelon. Of the Wild prospects he's the most likely to be a perenial all star. His skating has been the only concern for him.

Zucker looks like he could be a grinding component of a top line someday. He does the dirty work in the corner, has speed to make up for his relative lack of size and his scoring ability has not diminished as he moved up each level. He could be a guy to create space for Granlund and a sniping winger, but also finish a handful of chances on his own.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Zucker has a quick first few steps and great overall speed. He is faster than Coyle, Phillips, Larsson, and Granlund. Also, he has probably the best shot out of all of them as well. Granlund has a heck of a wrister but he does not get it off as quick - at least from what I have seen of the Aeros (only missed two games thus far). His speed and shot help him on the cycle. His speed gets him in on the forecheck. He has a knack for scoring clutch goals.

Granlund has much better vision, puckhandling, and playmaking abilities. However, I think Zucker is the quicker forward who shoots first. Granlund's vision and his highlights from the FEL are hard to disregard but Zucker has been the more impressive forward in the AHL.

I think Zucker has been the "more Impressive" forward, because the things he excels at pop out at you while watching a game(Speed, blazing wrister). Granlund's game just seems so subtle and it barely looks like he is trying, but he is always putting up points and making an impact on the game.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I think Zucker has been the "more Impressive" forward, because the things he excels at pop out at you while watching a game(Speed, blazing wrister). Granlund's game just seems so subtle and it barely looks like he is trying, but he is always putting up points and making an impact on the game.

I would agree with this had I only seen a few games. However, since I have seen 28/29 games (including every one of Granlund's), and I look for positioning, play away from the puck, , etc., I feel confident with my assertion that Zucker has been more impressive at the AHL level. I don't think that I have only watched Zucker's highlights and disregarded Granlund's defensive plays, passing, vision, anticipation, etc.

Aceonfire*

I hate this kid but I think he will have a very good career. He made the Barons look like an ECHL team at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad