Signing(s): Jason Witten is coming out of retirement

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Not sure what purpose this will do?
Witten was slow as heck the last time he played, still productive but not as that TE he was before.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Who cares about his legacy?

If he loves the sport and a team will give him a shot, he should play.
You are absolutely right. Witten plays for himself, not for self-proclaimed "legacy evaluators", who will never have any influence on his life.

It's not only some random team, but his team, which not only gives him a shot, but $ 5m on top of that. With that said, I would not have made this offer if I owned the Cowboys.

Gruß,
BSHH

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Over here we got stuck with Witten and Booger (or whatever they call him) for a Superbowl lol.
Booger McFarland on the same d-line with Stylez G White.

What a time to be alive.

You are absolutely right. Witten plays for himself, not for self-proclaimed "legacy evaluators", who will never have any influence on his life.

It's not only some random team, but his team, which not only gives him a shot, but $ 5m on top of that. With that said, I would not have made this offer if I owned the Cowboys.

Gruß,
BSHH
Agree with everything you said.

Reactions: darko

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure what purpose this will do?
Witten was slow as heck the last time he played, still productive but not as that TE he was before.
Cowboys have a legit WR threat in Cooper now compared to what Dex was in his final year. Written will do the short stuff and be Daks safety valve over the middle.

More limited role than prior years. He won’t get near as many snaps as he once did.

Reactions: fin8

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
A security blanket for Dak. He won’t have a major impact for the Cowboys like in years past. Great guy on and off the field. Well respected around the league. He will make a crucial catch in a few games that will keep a drive going. I’ll take it.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
A security blanket for Dak. He won’t have a major impact for the Cowboys like in years past. Great guy on and off the field. Well respected around the league. He will make a crucial catch in a few games that will keep a drive going. I’ll take it.

He could barely run in 2017, just straight lines.

But he'll put up 50 catches for 500 yards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad