Recalled/Assigned: Jason Megna and Anton Rodin

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Or Virtanen with Bo and Bae and Rodin with the Sedins?

Or does Rodin get the privilege of playing with Gagner and whoever?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Or Virtanen with Bo and Bae and Rodin with the Sedins?

Or does Rodin get the privilege of playing with Gagner and whoever?
I think it might be a bump up situation...

whoever is coming up is coming in on the "4th" line... or Burmy line. One of Gagner or Vanek move up to Horvat's line. That would make more sense till at least Rodin looks 'good' again..
And if it's Megna.. then no brainer.. start him with his speed on the 4th and move up 89 or 26.

Let 18 simmer with the twins and really start feeling comfortable... Despite Virtanen's play, I still don't think the Sedins-Virtanen have yet clicked in the half court... they need some time to gain cohesion... I would leave them alone for another chunk of games still.

Reactions: Nomobo

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Megna was in Vancouver yesterday while Rodin was playing for the Comets. Since Rodin didn't get a full practice in with the Canucks smart money would say that Jayson plays tonight while Rodin watches.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Rodin deserves a shot. Would be fairly disappointed if Megna gets Boeser's minutes instead.

Have to think this is Rodin's last real chance to prove that he's an NHL player, let alone a top-6 cog going forward.

Reactions: Weast

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
For the Love of God.

Can Jayson Megna just disappear. Boucher, Goldobin etc etc etc should be in front of this guy

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Whew, glad I don't have to watch that 10 pts in 7 games Nikolay Goldobin guy play for us. That would be unbearable.

I'm sure there are valid reasons for leaving Goldobin there. He'll get his opportunity soon enough. Just look at the injuries we've had and we're barely a month into the season.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
For the Love of God.

Can Jayson Megna just disappear. Boucher, Goldobin etc etc etc should be in front of this guy

megna/chaput may be platooning as designated big team bench warmer for now and may not actually draw in unless there is a last minute injury. note that when there was an actual possible injury to boeser they immediately called up rodin.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Does anybody remember who got an absurd amount of Powerplay time last year and did absolutely NOTHING.

Was that Megna or Chaput?
I can't remember

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Sutter.

Pretty sure Chaput and Megna didn't play that much on the PP up in Van. EDIT: I stand corrected it was infact megna

53:39 PPTOI

LOL Suter is also useless on the power play.
So it was Megna.
I just remember one of those 2 being on the Powerplay and Willie was just feeding him 1st unit PP time constantly.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Does anybody remember who got an absurd amount of Powerplay time last year and did absolutely NOTHING.

Was that Megna or Chaput?
I can't remember

It was most definitely Megna
Him paired the sedins was like mixing oil and water.
chlE6x6.jpg

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Funny I thought the only reason Megna was in the NHL was that Willie was all sweet on him. Now Green is playing him as well and nobody is saying what a terrible coach he is...

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Funny I thought the only reason Megna was in the NHL was that Willie was all sweet on him. Now Green is playing him as well and nobody is saying what a terrible coach he is...

If he’s playing on the first line in 25 games, come talk to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad