Jason Karmanos Relieved of Duties

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Wait, what?

Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes 8m
#Canes announce that Jason Karmanos has been relieved as Executive VP & Assistant GM. Ron Francis & Darren Yorke to assume duties.

Luke DeCock ‏@LukeDeCock 48s
Jason Karmanos, son of Canes owner, "relieved of his duties" is quite an announcement to make four days before the start of training camp.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Didn't he quit or something a couple years ago, then return but with the understanding that it was temporary?

Or am I thinking of something else?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Eh, it could very simply be that his heart's not into it anymore.

Probably hasn't been for years (hence him quitting back then), but returned because the Canes really didn't have any other options

Now they do

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Jason Karmanos has been signed to a 3-year, two-way entry level contract.

"It's always been a dream of mine to play wing in the NHL, and now I have a chance to do that for the Carolina Hurricanes. I've paid my dues in the front office, and now I've realized that dream."

When asked about potential aspects of nepotism, Peter Karmanos diffused the situation by repeating "Compuware" over and over again until the media left the room.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Mike Sundheim ?@MikeSundheim 9m
Statement from Peter Karmanos Jr. about Jason Karmanos: "This is a family matter. I have no further comment at this time."

Mark Armstrong @ArmstrongABC11
Heard back from Jason Karmanos: 'I was fired by my Dad for personal reasons that had nothing to do with my job performance....' 1/2

'...Obviously I am very disappointed with his decision, especially after giving 15 plus years of my life to the organization.' - J Karmanos

Oh balls.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif.gif

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wow. Old Pete bringing down the hammer.

Either way, terrible way to make personnel decisions. Things are getting bitter at the country club, I guess.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
:laugh:

As much as I don't want to see Chad on the Canes this year, the reaction of this board if he were signed might almost be worth it. Ok, not even close to being worth it, but would still be fun to watch.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
This move seems so random this close to training camp. Oh, and Jeff throws his 2 cents out there-

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2

Jason Karmanos was not really respected by the players at any level but did work every day. Seemed like an alright guy. Weird situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad