Jason Dawe hopes Connor McDavid breaks his "unknown" OHL playoff scoring record

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/fo...cdavid-breaks-his-ohl-playoff-scoring-record/

For 22 years, former Buffalo Sabres winger Jason Dawe had no idea he owned one of junior hockey’s most prestigious records. Then his phone rang last week. A Canadian reporter left a message informing Dawe that mega-prospect Connor McDavid was approaching his Ontario Hockey League playoff mark of 51 points.

Dawe, now a hockey instructor in Charlotte, looked at his phone and thought, “What?â€

“You think over the course of 22 years somebody would’ve picked up the phone and told me, right?†Dawe said Monday.

Seriously, Dawe, who compiled a stunning 18 goals and 33 assists in only 21 games during the Peterborough Petes’ run to the 1993 OHL championship, swears he never knew he had set any record.

“I know it sounds crazy, but it’s true,†Dawe said. “I didn’t have any idea.â€

Naturally, Dawe would like to keep the record he shares with Justin Papineau, who tied it in 21 games in 1999. Still, Dawe’s fine with McDavid breaking it.

“I hope he breaks it,†Dawe said. “If anybody’s going to break it, I hope he does. He’s having a great playoffs.â€

Thats pretty funny he had no idea about it. :laugh:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Just watched the bottom clip of Dawe scoring.

"Its about Dawe gone time for Jason Dawe!" -- John Gurtler

gurtlerwkbw1.jpeg

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I have a "burned into my memory" Jason dawn memory... He rang one off the post on an empty net that would've given him a hat trick

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Connor McDavid had four points (one goal - three assists) in last nights Game #4 of the Rodgers Ontario Hockey League Championship Series.
McDavid now has 49 points - needs two points to tie and three points to beat Jason Dawe/Justin Papineau playoff record of 51 points.

Looks like he may have to do it on Friday night. The Erie Otters lost Game #4 tonight 6-5 in overtime and now trail the Oshawa Generals 3-1 in the series.
The Generals can eliminate McDavid and the Otters with a win at home on Friday night in Game #5.

Hopefully McDavid gets the three points - Otters win - and thus sends this series to a Game #6 - Sunday evening in Erie. Go Otters!

Bps21*

Insert Price is Right fail horn

Jason Dawe's record shall endure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad