Podcast (Audio) Jarret Stoll Q&A

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Stoll mentioned Thomas on the penalty kill. I was getting killed on the forum for saying he could contribute...hmmm.

Also, the taco place he couldn't remember was El Tarasco - on Rosecrans. When I lived in MB that was the spot and after one Kings game a few Coyotes came in and I ended up hanging out with Brad May - great guy. Claude Lemieux, Mike Keane and I think Sean Burke were there also.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Stoll mentioned Thomas on the penalty kill. I was getting killed on the forum for saying he could contribute...hmmm.

Also, the taco place he couldn't remember was El Tarasco - on Rosecrans. When I live in MB that was the spot and after one Kings game a few Coyotes came in and I ended up hanging out with Brad May - great guy. Claude Lemieux, Mike Keane and I think Sean Burke were there also.
JU, man of culture, continues to impress

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnny Utah has claimed to bump into God. “I actually said pass me the salt not turn them into salt”.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

I asked fans on twitter and reddit to submit questions for Jarret Stoll. Here's our conversation based on many of those questions.

I do not understand Stoll opinion that skating and power of shooting basically cannot be improved with training. Maybe he does not know how to do it and it is very discouraging to me…

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I do not understand Stoll opinion that skating and power of shooting basically cannot be improved with training. Maybe he does not know how to do it and it is very discouraging to me…
He didn’t say they can’t be improved. He said that by the time these guys are in their early 20’s, you’re not going to see any great leaps of progress. You can tweak things and work on your shot but at that age there aren’t 15mph increases or any major breakthroughs to be had.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He didn’t say they can’t be improved. He said that by the time these guys are in their early 20’s, you’re not going to see any great leaps of progress. You can tweak things and work on your shot but at that age there aren’t 15mph increases or any major breakthroughs to be had.
Which I find odd since that's what happened with Kempe's shooting.

Reactions: kinghock and Sol

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Jim Fox was adamant for years that skating couldn't be substantially improved after the age of 18.

He only recently reversed his position based on the improvement he saw in Arthur Kaliyev after his work on it with the teams development staff.

I meant to follow up on that answer with that story about Jim but it slipped my mind. I don't think the organization as a whole has a defeatist attitude about skating ability and they clearly make it a focal point for various members. For example... Toffoli, Moverare, Vilardi, Kaliyev, Clarke etc

EDIT: It doesn't get talked about a lot but the Kings have a robust support staff beyond Glen Murry, Jarret Stoll, Sean O'Donnell and Matt Greene.

Reactions: Vino and kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad