Waived: Jaroslav Halak (upd: clears)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It was only a matter of time.

The organization has no faith in him and basically ran him into the ground enough to waive him.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
All the focus on this and that and but this is absolutely the underlying reason we stink this year.

Dude is trash. I mean, he really isn't. Talented goalie and all, was awesome his first year, great his second year but got hurt and then this year has been hovering around .900 save percentage.

Greiss baby.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Can't say i suspected he'd drop off so fast. Dude was a solid starter for a long time.

Had a .919 save percentage last year in 36 games and this year has a .904 in 21 games and complains like a *****. If you want more starts you could always earn them.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Probably ends up in Las Vegas next year, either as 1A or 1B.

There are a few teams that could use a goalie right now, but they would probably be too stubborn to pick him up.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Had a .919 save percentage last year in 36 games and this year has a .904 in 21 games and complains like a *****. If you want more starts you could always earn them.

I really feel like this is the angle Garth Snow & Co. are playing, and it's not really the case.

Once Jaro expressed his disinterest in the three goalie system at the beginning of last year (which was completely warranted), Staple started 'leaking' that Halak had a poor work ethic and attitude and that Berube was this student-of-the-game with a blue collar worl ethic.

Smells like Snow propaganda to justify keeping Berube over Halak.

Jaro was good enough to beat Washington two years ago and had better numbers before getting injured with a common goalie injury.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Can't imagine someone wants to pick up his contract on waivers. Can only imagine there was no trade partner out there .

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Was amazing at world cup. Awful for Isles BECAUSE THE TEAM IN FRONT OF HIM IS TRASH.

Halak is a great goalie, but a victim of awful roster management, terrible D in front of him, and the hilarious three headed goalie beast. I hope he has success elsewhere.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I really feel like this is the angle Garth Snow & Co. are playing, and it's not really the case.

Once Jaro expressed his disinterest in the three goalie system at the beginning of last year (which was completely warranted), Staple started 'leaking' that Halak had a poor work ethic and attitude and that Berube was this student-of-the-game with a blue collar worl ethic.

Smells like Snow propaganda to justify keeping Berube over Halak.

Jaro was good enough to beat Washington two years ago and had better numbers before getting injured with a common goalie injury.

Nothing stops him from being better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad