Jaroslav Halak reportedly signs contract with Stanley Cup contender

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
This is literally the most most click-baity article out there. Has zero sources that confirms a deal. Did you really need to create an entire new thread for this?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
This could've been posted on the sticky thread. In fact it probably was. Yesterday.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Oh shit. So we did sign Halak.
I've been periodically updating capfriendly throughout the day.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if he was offered a PTO, but I'm not sure he's any better than what we've already got at this point in his career.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I've been periodically updating capfriendly throughout the day.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if he was offered a PTO, but I'm not sure he's any better than what we've already got at this point in his career.
As long as Georgie stays healthy, I'm not too worried about who our 3rd goalie is. We've won games with both Annunen and JoJo in net and id rather keep the cap space.

I just like making fun of Dater.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not that he has a clue but…

Those "reports" are him finally coming across the Czech tweet four days too late and then making a decision based on his one buddy who is the Zamboni driver for the Pepsi Centre.

He did call the NHL lockout finally finishing so there's that...

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
As long as Georgie stays healthy, I'm not too worried about who our 3rd goalie is. We've won games with both Annunen and JoJo in net and id rather keep the cap space.

I just like making fun of Dater.

I still cant believe that pendejo blocked me on spacemans app after I didnt buy his membership thing.
There was a time where he was a good reporter. He just couldn't keep up with the changing technology, was unadapt at social media, and at some point started having life issues that intersected with work. I quit "following" him years ago. When I see him come up, I'm usually ambivalent, sometimes feel sorry for him and at others quietly respect his never say die attitude. I would've hung up the hockey reporting thing a lot time ago if our shoes were reversed so on some level, I can respect what he's done or is trying to do.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How many Stanley cup contenders are there this year, like eight or so?
It's anti-NFL, that's for sure.

- Maple Leafs
- Lightning (though I personally think they've fallen a tier below)
- Hurricanes
- Devils
- Rangers
- Avalanche
- Stars
- Golden Knights
- Oilers

Missing the list includes Panthers, Bruins, Penguins, and Kings who I think need to show more consistency before rating them any higher. If there is a team that might have Avs fight and hunger when they won the Cup in 2022, it is the Hurricanes. However, I am not sure they have the legit talent to pass them over the plateau as we had.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Wonder if the signing is on hold cause he wants to not report to camp, or at least part of camp.

He can formally sign the deal a week or two into camp and then there is no internal politicking about showing up at the end of camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad