Friedman: Jaroslav Halak is available

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Get him out of the Metro, and we'd actually have a chance of regularly beating the Islanders with Hank in net :laugh:

I think Kings might be knocking here. Who else needs a goalie?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Only team i can see having any interest in LA. Rask is back. Hammond shouldnt be out long (Anderson back for time being). No other teams really need a goalie and if they do theyd be targeting Bishop/Fleury.

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
A twitter spat seems a dumb reason to trade a goalie. Is one of NYI's other goalies ready to take the #1?

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
See, I was confused because I read that as Jaroslav Spacek.....

and I should probably get to sleep, but the game 4 of the World Series isn't over yet.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles should just trade or waive Berube. Halak has been one of the best goalies the isles have had in years.

Halak has his health concerns but Greiss is more than capable of carrying the load if need be.

Split thier starts 60-40 and keep them fresh.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Only team i can see having any interest in LA. Rask is back. Hammond shouldnt be out long (Anderson back for time being). No other teams really need a goalie and if they do theyd be targeting Bishop/Fleury.

LAK wont have interest either. Quick isnt out for the year, the second he comes back they would be screwed and way over the cap.

Hard to really see a spot for him anywhere

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I get that Halak has the most value, but he's also the best goalie. Why make him available? Despite a slow start, this team should still contend. I like Greiss & Berube, but neither are as good as Halak. Deal one of them to get out of this mess.

Honestly, I don't understand why Snow, a goalie himself, would ever think it was a good idea to have 3 NHL goalies on the roster at the same time. Snow has done some good here, but it's moronic decisions like this that keep him being the butt of jokes.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Stars....
Stars......
STARS

Unless Nill attaches a pork chop around the next to one of his putrid goalies, nobody is taking one of those guys off this hands and no way Nill will hold all of Niemi, Lehtonen, Halak at once. It would be monumentally stupid.

For the longest time a lot of people though Nichushkin could be packaged with one of the goalies to move them, but that is clearly not an option anymore.

Nill might be handcuffed with those guys unless he coughs up blood to desperately move one AND upgrade the net, akin to Chicago having to attach TT to move Bickell

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I can't see Halak returning much, even though he is really solid.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
LAK wont have interest either. Quick isnt out for the year, the second he comes back they would be screwed and way over the cap.

Hard to really see a spot for him anywhere

Exactly.

Only Berube/Greiss would make sense for L.A. And remember Berube WAS part of LA.

Have to wonder if that's just Snow saying **** off to Walsh.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Isles should just trade or waive Berube. Halak has been one of the best goalies the isles have had in years.

Halak has his health concerns but Greiss is more than capable of carrying the load if need be.

Split thier starts 60-40 and keep them fresh.

Greiss over 50 starts I do not think is good enough to be starter. It almost seems as if Snow senses while early this just is not gonna be the Isles year. With Sorokin possibly coming over next year and Halak only signed for one more year he may be willing to give Berube a shot to show he's an NHL goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad