Jaromir Jagr

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
What if we drop Kelly to the 4th line,sit Thornton.A line of Soderberg, Jagr and Smith might be effective.

Who centers that line?? I'd rather give Spooner some burn with Soderberg and Smith before trading for Jagr (again) so he can play on that 3rd line.

Whatever the case, this is the year Thornton is no longer in the regular rotation. That doesn't mean he gets cut, but maybe he gets rested on back-to-backs or maybe if Spooner lights it up and Kelly improves the 4th line Thorty only plays when necessary, like stepping in for injuries.

As for your original proposal, Soderberg would have to be the center i guess but i wonder if he can be a good center in the NHL especially with a damaged eye...

takanoyama

Apr 4, 2013
One comment from a poster on HF boards tranlates into reading "many times that his teammates hated playing with him"?

Due respect to DHK, but he doesn't play for the Bruins. All of us at times express frustration with a sibling, a friend, a co-worker. An expression of frustration doesn't have to mean "hate." And frankly I can understand frustration with a new co-worker who has an entirely different style, and is loathe to change it.

As for getting Jagr back at the deadline, that is months and months away. Jagr was playing great for Dallas last fall too. I have no idea how he's going to look in March, but the Bruins have been there, done that. We'll see what their needs are, and if they can fill them from within.

There was no fall in Dallas.:) I have to say, Jagr plays much better this season than last season (due to lost weight and someone can say due to Bergeron´s lessons of defence - I don´t oppose it). +9 is dream for me. Of course time shows... but I don´t worry about Jagr. Last short season was destroying for old players and finally he had no time to get used to Boston.

I never wrote any bad against Bergeron. Some generally comments about hate and that some players would be against return of Jagr + this concrete comment from DKH only CONFIRMED my feeling about Marchand in play-off. And honestly who should be it else? Paverly, Kelly and Campbell? Really? But maybe I am wrong and Marchand ignores everybody except for Bergeron.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The whole 'Bergeron and Marchand hated Jagr' rumor has been floating around on and off for a couple of months. The fact that it gained zero real traction on the boards makes me think it's more fiction than most rumors and the typical "X is out of Boston because he stinks" Boston fan reaction to someone leaving.
I've thought Marchand picked up a few of Jagr's moves and the rumors where up till September than Jagr was well liked in the locker room and changed his game for the team....
But yeah, he wasn't a good fit.

Even if the rumors are true, Marchand and Bergeron will be lucky if they can combine for 1/5th of Jagr's career. Jagr is back to his usual self racking up nearly a ppg at 42 while Marchand and Bergeron are still underachieving. It's always easier to blame the Euro, especially after he's gone.

member 96824

Even if the rumors are true, Marchand and Bergeron will be lucky if they can combine for 1/5th of Jagr's career. Jagr is back to his usual self racking up nearly a ppg at 42 while Marchand and Bergeron are still underachieving. It's always easier to blame the Euro, especially after he's gone.

It's the Haggs in everyone!

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
For example DKH wrote in Jarome Iginla thread:

Jagr never bought in and Marchand and Bergeron hated playing with him (fact not opinion)

I waited for more but it didn´t come. I was glad to read it because it confirmed my feeling about Marchand which I defended to believe. I had nothing against him till playoff and I still have nothing against Bergeron because I don´t know the whole true and he played his best IMO.

I cannot criticize the whole play of Marchand. He made some huge decisive passes to Bergeron and goals exspecially against the Pens. It is not about that he was bad player.

Maybe he was angry, that Jagr compared Bergeron with Francis. :)

FYI, "fact not opinion" is a phrase used by a popular sports radio host in the Boston area. It's a phrase some of us like to use to emphasize a point we're trying to make. It's a local thing that might be lost on someone not familiar with the region.

I cannot speak for what DKH meant there (and he is among my favorite posters here so no knock on him), but as another poster said below, it never gained any traction in the local sports media. As Boston is famous for trashing it's athletes on their way out of town, the idea that I didn't see anything much at all in the regular media circles lends some credence to the idea that it was simply a rumor. That's what people do on message boards. They should not be construed as fact, especially when you're not hearing it repeated elsewhere. The idea that you said "I waited for more but it didn't come" should be indicator enough that....there really wasn't much there in the first place.

member 96824

FYI, "fact not opinion" is a phrase used by a popular sports radio host in the Boston area. It's a phrase some of us like to use to emphasize a point we're trying to make. It's a local thing that might be lost on someone not familiar with the region.

I cannot speak for what DKH meant there (and he is among my favorite posters here so no knock on him), but as another poster said below, it never gained any traction in the local sports media. As Boston is famous for trashing it's athletes on their way out of town, the idea that I didn't see anything much at all in the regular media circles lends some credence to the idea that it was simply a rumor. That's what people do on message boards. They should not be construed as fact, especially when you're not hearing it repeated elsewhere. The idea that you said "I waited for more but it didn't come" should be indicator enough that....there really wasn't much there in the first place.

Dan tends to get some great inside information from his connections that never make it to the media.

I mean, what benefit would come out of that hitting the talking heads? None really. Plus...This off season was full of drama, Jagr was basically an after thought.

Haggs tried throwing some **** about Jagr at the wall to see if it would stick but no one cared anymore.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You can try, but it's still coming my friend :laugh:

hope not, I`m sorry, loved and appreciated the contributions Rydes gave us in the Cup run...despised his MIA act during the regular season

Funny how too many here completely wipe from their minds the endless threads screaming for Chia to get rid of this guy and now......:shakehead

and some here complaining about this team being too slow......neither of these two address that "issue"

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Wouldn't wan't Jagr back here, he was not a fit at all and it showed in the playoffs.

Only memorable moment from him while he was a B was stealing the puck from Malkin in game 3 that ended up being Bergy's winner.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
There was no fall in Dallas.:) I have to say, Jagr plays much better this season than last season (due to lost weight and someone can say due to Bergeron´s lessons of defence - I don´t oppose it). +9 is dream for me. Of course time shows... but I don´t worry about Jagr. Last short season was destroying for old players and finally he had no time to get used to Boston.

I never wrote any bad against Bergeron. Some generally comments about hate and that some players would be against return of Jagr + this concrete comment from DKH only CONFIRMED my feeling about Marchand in play-off. And honestly who should be it else? Paverly, Kelly and Campbell? Really? But maybe I am wrong and Marchand ignores everybody except for Bergeron.

Meh, fall = earlier in the season. By June, Jagr wasn't contibuting a whole lot. Which isn't shocking. What would be shocking is the Bruins looking to re-aquire him.

If a comment on a message board confirms your feeling that Marchand hated Jagr (which, if you ever watched and listened to Marchand actually talk about Jagr, seems pretty far-fetched), it seems you just want to believe it.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
There is no way this happens. And it better not... Jagr doesn't address any of our needs at this point. I'd rather continue watching a much younger, much cheaper Reilly Smith (same goes for Carl Soderberg) develop within this Bruins' team system.

Jagr already proved to be a poor fit. The only real positive to acquiring him instead of Iginla was that we still have Bartkowski.

Jagr is strong and can win puck battles, but so can a lot of Bruins. If we shake things up right now, it needs to be with a speed injection... NOT adding a guy who may be strong as an ox, but also skates like an ox.

I'd much rather Spooner be afforded another chance to see what he can do. Yes i am right there with MTaylorJ on the Spooner express, i find a way to incorporate him into almost every lineup discussion. :naughty:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The whole 'Bergeron and Marchand hated Jagr' rumor has been floating around on and off for a couple of months. The fact that it gained zero real traction on the boards makes me think it's more fiction than most rumors and the typical "X is out of Boston because he stinks" Boston fan reaction to someone leaving.
I've thought Marchand picked up a few of Jagr's moves and the rumors where up till September than Jagr was well liked in the locker room and changed his game for the team....
But yeah, he wasn't a good fit.

never heard that rumor.
but i could tell marchand was frustrated with jagr as a linemate just by his body language.

member 96824

hope not, I`m sorry, loved and appreciated the contributions Rydes gave us in the Cup run...despised his MIA act during the regular season

Funny how too many here completely wipe from their minds the endless threads screaming for Chia to get rid of this guy and now......:shakehead

and some here complaining about this team being too slow......neither of these two address that "issue"

Haha that was more of an "old and slow" joke:) I've still gotta make them because it'll be coming for me before I know it!! Just kidding around of course...you still kick the crap out of me on a golf course.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

NO

**** Jagr. I was excited when he came here then he didn't do **** really. Aside from his steal from Malkin what did he do?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
NO

**** Jagr. I was excited when he came here then he didn't do **** really. Aside from his steal from Malkin what did he do?

that was actually a hook, but other than that, he had that sweet saucer pass to Bergeron in game 3 of the finals. that was probably it.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Happy for Jags and his HF groupie.. I think xiegie was the name or something?

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
No, no, No. Unreal haha. Forward and not backward, people. I am going to be honest, I couldn't stand watching Jags skate around and do what ever he liked. The guy wouldn't come off the ice until he was gagging for air. Thank you Jags for your time in Boston.

So early in the year yet. We have a very good team people, with some quality prospects in-line. Exactly what it is, Jags groupie thing. I understand he has fans that's cool :) I'm a fan of his also.

Last edited:

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

0 goals in the playoffs. That's why the blame is easier.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i also didnt like how jagr reacted after looch made it 4-3 in game 7 against toronto.
he was acting like the Bruins were still down by 5 goals with a minute to play.

ill always remember that. he just didnt seem to have it in him. recchi wouldve been pumped up after that goal.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Great to see that from a 42 year old, make me feel good that I'm not that old:D. A testament to his great talent. Also amazing that he has the most GW goals in the history of the NHL. But having said that, he isn't a good fit for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00