Proposal: Jaromir Jagr for a 2nd round pick if/when Stars fall out of it

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Your name fits. Hats off to 68 but like last year he will have a rough time with this pace.

Players get injured at any time, it can happen to younger players or older players. The Flyers never gave Jagr the chance. He never had a sinlge 4 Pts game as a Flyers. He looked vintage Jagr last night.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
He did in preseason, and let's face it, this is really preseason in a way. :sarcasm:

He never scored 4 Pts in any game as a Flyers, preseason, regular season or playoffs. This year he's the one controlling the play and carrying the play, he doesn't need a center to do so for him. Plus he got to play on the right half walls on the powerplay as opposed to being out of position in the center of the ice like he was on countless occasions last season.

No hard feelings because the Flyers gave Jagr a chance back into the NHL but he was never just going to be "another guy on the team" and in Philly that's all he ever was due to the team wanting to capitalize on Giroux' budding talent.

All Jagr needed was a place to succeed, be given the minutes and be given the keys to the powerplay and he would put up the points. He did look slow in the second half last season but that had much more to do with the injury than his age. When healthy, Jagr is still a top 10 talent.

Last edited:

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He never scored 4 Pts in any game as a Flyers, preseason, regular season of playoffs. He's the one controlling the play and carrying the play, he doesn't need a center to do so for him. Plus he got to play on the right half walls on the powerplay as opposed to being out of position in the center of the ice like he was on countless occasions last season.

No hard feelings because the Flyers gave Jagr a chance back into the NHL but he was never just going to be "another guy on the team" and in Philly that's all he ever was due to the team wanting to capitalize on Giroux' budding talent.

All Jagr needed was a place to succeed, be given the minutes and be given the keys to the powerplay and he would put up the points. He did look slow in the second half last season but that had much more to do with the injury than his age. When healthy, Jagr is still a top 10 talent.
Im sure he would have returned if we gave him 4.5. However we had 300 mil tied up elsewhere for a week.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
There's probably a few teams that would look to get Briere and probably would overpay
i hope. I only said dallas bc of this thread.

If gaustad can get a first, the leading po scorer over the last few years should be worth alot to someone.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
There's probably a few teams that would look to get Briere and probably would overpay

If we are out of playoffs, Im looking at Briere and/or Timonen (even with their NMC). Timonen might want a chance at a Stanely Cup that another team could provide.
I expect Briere and maybe even Kimo could garden 1st (atleast 2nds).

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Im sure he would have returned if we gave him 4.5. However we had 300 mil tied up elsewhere for a week.

Jagr said it was never about the money. He wanted to go to a team that wanted him around and wanted him to be a key component of the offense and overall success scheme. Part of what his fault, part of it was the injury and the other part was Laviolette but I could tell Jagr didn't take too well into being dropped down to the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit and he felt his time was coming in Philly.

Jagr just wants to prove all his haters, critics and doubters wrong bu having a great season and he felt Dallas gave him the best chance.

Not sure if anyone knows this but the Stars gave Jagr a 100k bonus if he were to win the Art Ross, maybe he still has that left in him? Who knows.

Anyways, I don't think Dallas will be out of it this year, with a strong performance by Lehtonen and if Jagr can keep it up and if players like Benn, Eriksson, Roy and Whitney can have strong seasons, I see the Stars being no worse than a 7th seed.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
If we are out of playoffs, Im looking at Briere and/or Timonen (even with their NMC). Timonen might want a chance at a Stanely Cup that another team could provide.
I expect Briere and maybe even Kimo could garden 1st (atleast 2nds).

We could definitely get a first and a good prospect for briere

Maybe a 1st Timonen depending on who is buying

bababooey18

Jan 21, 2013

I feel like he would have returned no matter what we offered him, even last years 3.3M (i think that was the $?). You're right, exactly- we had at least 200M locked up in offers to Parise and Suter and couldn't make an offer to Jagr cause those two were playing around and sitting on all offers.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Would love to see Jagr with Giroux again :yo:

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Would love to see Jagr with Giroux again :yo:

This.
Hartnell - G - Jagr
Read - cooter - Schenn
Simmonds - Briere - Voracek
Talbot - laughton - rusty