Proposal: Jaromir Jagr for a 2nd round pick if/when Stars fall out of it

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Do we have a second round pick? Haven't we already traded it for other people, acquired more seconds, then traded those as well?

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
I think it was really just bad timing last summer. Jagr was anxious to sign somewhere and the Flyers were holding out for some kind of big move to address the defense. But of course those all fell through and it was regretful that the Flyers were left with a big pile of cap space but no Jagr or Jagr replacement to spend some of it on.

Do we have a second round pick? Haven't we already traded it for other people, acquired more seconds, then traded those as well?

I'm sure we still have a 2017 pick floating around somewhere.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I was very disappointed when they didn't resign Jagr.

BUt with him only on a year year contract - other than a boost in the playoffs MAYBE, this doesn't make much sense

RebelMe

Dec 26, 2008
Do we have a deadline date yet? I think that given the lockout shortened season, it is extremely unlikely that Stars will be out of contention by the end of February...this season, the margins between teams are gonna be very tight due to the low number of games.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Only reason Jagr isn't here is because Holmgren needed the cap space to go after suter, parise, and WEber. Had he known that we werent getting any of the 3 then he would have brought back jagr on a 1 year deal for sure. Id welcome him back but a 2nd in this draft sucks to give up.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
For those that followed him in his Kladno team over the lockout, we know he'd been playing very, very well. A couple of hat tricks. Faster skating than he did with the Flyers. He lost a few pounds.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Jagr is one of the bests players to ever play hockey and he still is when healthy. If he can stay healthy (which he wasn't at all last year), he can do wonders. We had another player like that in Chris Pronger, too.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Do we have a deadline date yet? I think that given the lockout shortened season, it is extremely unlikely that Stars will be out of contention by the end of February...this season, the margins between teams are gonna be very tight due to the low number of games.
I believe it is April 6th
Only reason Jagr isn't here is because Holmgren needed the cap space to go after suter, parise, and WEber. Had he known that we werent getting any of the 3 then he would have brought back jagr on a 1 year deal for sure. Id welcome him back but a 2nd in this draft sucks to give up.
I'm glad Holmgren didn't give him 4.5m for this year. Does anyone else remember how terrible he was from february/march til the end of the playoffs? He was absolutely terrible because his groin, which has been a huge issue for him during his whole career. At the time was I expecting a long lockout that led to a 48 game season? No. But you need players that can play the full time without such a huge drop off in play.
Will his hamstring be functional by the time Dallas is out of it?
Exactly.
For those that followed him in his Kladno team over the lockout, we know he'd been playing very, very well. A couple of hat tricks. Faster skating than he did with the Flyers. He lost a few pounds.

But Kladno is a long way from the NHL is skill and talent.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Jags had a four point night for the Stars, I doubt he's going anywhere unless the hockey gods help the Flyers out a bit, and by that I mean fix his groin only if he's in orange and black

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I would love Jags back here, i think the Flyers could really use him actually but not at the cost of a 2nd. It may not sound like a lot but the Flyers have a pretty terrible prospect pool and in this deep draft I would prefer to hold onto that pick. if it were for a bad-decent prospect i would do it cause the flyers can always sign more of those from college free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad