Jarome Iginla

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
St. Louis is the best teams for Iginla IMO. They have the cap space and assets, while having one of the best chances at a cup.

Souray's Skates

Jul 7, 2009
Bruins fan..I come in peace.

I can tell you the B's fans at the least have ben lusting over Iginla for at least 2 seasons now. He'd fit right in with the B's playstyle. Best reasonable offer I have heard is Krejci, someone like Caron and a first. TBH If I was in charge of the B's I'd do it or a similar deal to get him on this team. If he goes on the market I think you can assume the B's will make a very competitive offer with top prospects not named Seguin/Hamilton and picks/roster players. I think Iginla pushes them to the prohibitive favorites. I'm almost giddy thinking of the space he'd have on a line with Lucic.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

I can tell you the B's fans at the least have ben lusting over Iginla for at least 2 seasons now. He'd fit right in with the B's playstyle. Best reasonable offer I have heard is Krejci, someone like Caron and a first. TBH If I was in charge of the B's I'd do it or a similar deal to get him on this team. If he goes on the market I think you can assume the B's will make a very competitive offer with top prospects not named Seguin/Hamilton and picks/roster players. I think Iginla pushes them to the prohibitive favorites. I'm almost giddy thinking of the space he'd have on a line with Lucic.

Lucic on the same line as Iggy could be nasty. It could also be ineffective as they're both dominant power forwards

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
St. Louis is the best teams for Iginla IMO. They have the cap space and assets, while having one of the best chances at a cup.

I thought so to last year, but the Blues have traditionally been a budget team over the last several years. While their ownership issues were resolved, they did nothing this past offseason to go out and get Petro a top pairing partner unless you consider Redden to be that guy.

I don't know that they would go against their philosophy of drafting well from within and give up the assets they developed to get a big market player.

I agree he would be a good fit in STL though. If that did happen, perhaps something around Stewart and Schwartz?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Since the Flames are not in tank mode I'm not sure I would trade Iginla for just futures.

If a deal involving Kecji presents itself, it would definitely be preferable.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Lucic on the same line as Iggy could be nasty. It could also be ineffective as they're both dominant power forwards

Iginla's not a powerforward anymore; dude is passing more than Tanguay lately. lol. I think he'd be totally fine on a line with Lucic.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Given the whole "Iginla needs a cup" thing, I'd rather not weaken the Bruins by taking Krejci (and honestly, the Flames could probably do with just prospects/picks). I think the Bruins could afford to do Spooner and a pair of 1sts, given the age and strength of their team.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I think now is the perfect time to trade Iginla, both for his sake and ours. Let's think about this:

We're a bubble team. Even if we miraculously manage to squeak into eight we'll get demolished by Vancouver. Bute if we trade Iginla to a contender (say Pittsburgh) he has two or three very solid attempts to win the cup.

Second, this is the first time in a long time I've been impressed with our scoring depth. Everyone is chipping in and Iginla doesn't need to carry the offensive burden. We're still piss poor at center but we have lots of firepower on the wings and plenty of guys in the pipeline who can step in now, and other who'll be ready in a few years.

I really hope he asks for a trade; I think it's time to part ways. He'll always have a great legacy in this city and organization. I would hate to see him fade as a player on a mediocre team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Paging our captain Iginla. Where the fyuk are ya? 1 goal in 13 games this season. Paging captain Iginla!

:facepalm:
his 8 assists mean nothing I suppose. As long as Cammalleri is on the ice Iginla will revert to play maker like he did in Cammalleri's first tour with Calgary.

LukeD

On Fire
Apr 1, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm perfectly fine with Iginla's game. He's playing a lot smarter with the puck, and we need someone other than him to be the big shot on the top line.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
his 8 assists mean nothing I suppose. As long as Cammalleri is on the ice Iginla will revert to play maker like he did in Cammalleri's first tour with Calgary.

Almost all primary assists on beauty plays. We have a buttload of finishers on this team and not a whole lot of playmakers, Iggy just isn't being selfish.. There have been how many times he could have went for a snipe but instead passed to someone in a better scoring position.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
So you'd be happy with a 4G - 32A season? I sure as hell wouldn't.

If he scored at .9 pace it would be 4 goals and 39 assists and I wouldn't complain. If he gets an assist we get a goal if he scores we get a goal its the same in the end for us. It doesn't matter tho he is struggling shooting right now and is still finding a way to help the team (including playing his best defensive hockey in years) once he finds his scoring touch you will stop complaining.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
This idea that an assist is as valuable as a goal is hilarious, but I'll leave you to your opinion I suppose.

I don't think they are as valuable but as long as he is playing solid defensive hockey and is doing what he can to help the team offensively I am not going to criticize or complain, now when he stops playing good defensive hockey or stops helping the team offensively then I will start complaining.

The fact is this team is 3 points out a playoffs spot and is one of the better offenses in the league without Iginla scoring and after some many years of him carrying this teams offense on his back I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will get it going.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Bottom line is we need our best players to be our best players. We need the Jarome that goes hard to the net and scores 30+ goals a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad