Jarome Iginla

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
He isn't that player any more he is a much more passive player.
I don't believe that theory one bit. He may have lost a step but he's a committed professional that always keeps himself in good shape. He's been getting good looks all year going hard to the net with Tangs putting the puck right on his stick, but most of the time it ended up hitting the goalie right in the logo. He's simply not scoring and that needs to change.

That being said, he's doing all the right things out there being a 200-foot player. That's why we're getting by. But if we want consistent wins, Iggy needs to score. End of the story.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
A good captain does what's best for the team. If 4 goals and 39 assists are helping us win games, then I'm happy to see Iginla be that selfless player. Personally I think Iginla is being a good catalyst of winning. It's not like we're hurting for goals....

And I believe it's all the same on the scoreboard. Hockey's a team game

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't believe that theory one bit. He may have lost a step but he's a committed professional that always keeps himself in good shape. He's been getting good looks all year going hard to the net with Tangs putting the puck right on his stick, but most of the time it ended up hitting the goalie right in the logo. He's simply not scoring and that needs to change.

That being said, he's doing all the right things out there being a 200-foot player. That's why we're getting by. But if we want consistent wins, Iggy needs to score. End of the story.

Watch him play now and compare it to 6-7 years ago, he had much more explosive power he wouldn't stop and look for the pass he would drive hard to the net. He may still be in great shape but he certainly doesn't look like the same guy that knew he could go threw anyone. I also think Hartley has asked him to play this way, our top 2 lines are full of players making quick passes and smart plays and since Hartley has been Iginla looks alot more like a playmaker, he looks to be actively looking for open players instead of just taking the shot.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

When Iggy played with Cammalleri 4 years ago, it was the first time in 10 years (or 11 I cant remember) that he did not lead the team in goals. I personally believe Cammalleri has the best wrist shot on this team, and its obvious when Iginla is on the same line as Cams he is going to be passing the puck more. The reason everyone wants Iggy to score is simply because he's done it all these years to win games for this team.. But hes been setting up a lot of goals. If you actually look at his assists you'll realize that he's the reason they scored most of those goals (christ I think Glencross had 3 tap ins).. So I know we want Iggy to score but he's not useless out there.. With the depth we have this year Iggy does not have to take the puck to the net and do it all by himself anymore, he's got skilled players with him as options that can put it in the nets as well. That doesn't mean that if he gets a chance in the slot he's not going to take it, but we should expect his goals to slightly decline now, which is fine with me if he can keep setting up players like he has been doing.. I don't think it matters who scores on his line as long as they score right?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I can definitely see Iggy convert to more of a playmaker near the end of his career, we've been starting to see it more and more, and as he gets older and can't drive the net as hard and it starts taking a toll on his body, it's definitely possible he's starting to change his game.. He already transitioned from a power forward to a pure sniper, I don't think it's impossible to see yet another major transition.. All the best players know at some point they have to adapt.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Leaf fan here in peace. I've been a huge Jarome Iginla fan since as long as i can remember and was going to ask the same qusetion. What happens with iggy ? Best and most consistent power forward of the past decade. I'd like to see Iggy hang it up with the flames but as a franchise i don't think that would be the best move going forward. Any ideas of where ownership and management stands on this ?

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Leaf fan here in peace. I've been a huge Jarome Iginla fan since as long as i can remember and was going to ask the same qusetion. What happens with iggy ? Best and most consistent power forward of the past decade. I'd like to see Iggy hang it up with the flames but as a franchise i don't think that would be the best move going forward. Any ideas of where ownership and management stands on this ?

No idea. The likely answer is: if the Flames are in spitting distance of a playoff spot by the deadline, he stays with Calgary. If they're not, there's a decent chance, although not a guarantee, that he is moved (he is allegedly willing to waive his NMC this season).

anothercanucklehead

Nov 27, 2005
Delta
I'm a Canuck fan who comes in peace. I have always respected Iggy but it was multiplied tenfold when he showed such respect for Trevor Linden at his last game. A friend of mine just posted that Iggy was traded to Boston. Please tell me this isn't so!!! I'm hoping he's teasing because he posted once already that Luongo was going there lol.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm a Canuck fan who comes in peace. I have always respected Iggy but it was multiplied tenfold when he showed such respect for Trevor Linden at his last game. A friend of mine just posted that Iggy was traded to Boston. Please tell me this isn't so!!! I'm hoping he's teasing because he posted once already that Luongo was going there lol.

No he has not been traded.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

LOL!

30j3d51.gif

No.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Iginla and Kipper to Boston, Rask and Seguin to Calgary, Calgary quoted as saying they wanted to keep their goaltending future Finnish and this solidifies it.
No sources have been made available. Nor will anyone confirm, but trust me, it happened :sarcasm:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Thank you!! It would be horrible to see him in a Boston jersey!!

Don't say that around here most Flames fans like the Bruins and I would wager that most in would have the Bruins in their top 3 favorite teams even before the playoff run against the Canucks. (I like Boston but also like Vancouver so go figure)

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Don't say that around here most Flames fans like the Bruins and I would wager that most in would have the Bruins in their top 3 favorite teams even before the playoff run against the Canucks. (I like Boston but also like Vancouver so go figure)

Did you cheer and boo simultaneously for every goal in that final lol.

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
As much as I hate to say or see it. Iginla needs to be traded so this team can move forward.
The Flames need to give the younger players more ice time and responsibility. Last chance to get any value out of Iginla on the trade market.
I would like to see iginla have a legitimate chance at winning a cup.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
If Iggy does walk in the off-season, would the Flames make an offer to Perry?

With what cap room? Perry could want upwards to 8+ and we are already at the cap that is presumed to go down.
And also this team would be at the end of the list that perry would want to play for. Not gonna happen.
Also if iggy walks that would mean this organization would have to rebuild. He is the face of the franchise.

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
With what cap room? Perry could want upwards to 8+ and we are already at the cap that is presumed to go down.
And also this team would be at the end of the list that perry would want to play for. Not gonna happen.
Also if iggy walks that would mean this organization would have to rebuild. He is the face of the franchise.

The Flames have 20.7 Million coming off the books at the end of the year with 14 players remaining under contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad