Injury Report: Jared Spurgeon (Upper Body)

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
ugh,

well look at it this way. Get the injuries out of the way now, then come playoff time, everyone will be healthy and ready to kick arse

we need to actually make the playoffs first and the way things are going even though were winning so are all the other teams around us, so getting in is going to be tough.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
we need to actually make the playoffs first and the way things are going even though were winning so are all the other teams around us, so getting in is going to be tough.

SJS is collapsing. We just need to get ahead of Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, or LA. Very doable.

It sucks to lose Spurgeon, but I don't think he's had many past problems with head injuries, so it'll hopefully be a quick recovery. It's better than if he broke his jaw and had to lose 3-6 weeks.

It's really strange that it's a concussion though, his reaction really seemed to indicate it was his jaw/chin injury, not concussion.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

just keeping it positive, besides as noted, San Jose is falling down faster than a fat kid in worn out shoes on an ice patch and we are in a close in points with a lot of other teams in the wild card race.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
NsBZNd0.gif

Just hoping it's not a concussion. I mean, concussion-like symptoms could indicate something milder, right?

...Right?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
NsBZNd0.gif

Just hoping it's not a concussion. I mean, concussion-like symptoms could indicate something milder, right?

...Right?

Russo just blogged it is most likely a concussion

"Spurgeon is home seeing his family today, but it's believed he sustained concussion-like symptoms after taking a Mark Giordano shot to the chin last night. Spurgeon didn't see the puck coming until it was like four feet away, and by then, it was too late."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/292725931.html#TDB9EIpJBr3dXXVC.01

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
The way I see it the difference between pick 12 and 16 in this draft is about the same which is where we will end up with or without spergy in the lineup. or cooke zucker and carter too

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Concussion symptoms can be present in severe fashion right off the bat too. I'll take the silver lining any day of the week.

Yes, but rarely do they know that symptoms are persistent until a few days pass. I've never seen them say a day later "so and so will be shut down for a few weeks", that always comes like 3-4 days later... unless it was something extremely severe like Ballard had, where we all knew his career was basically over the moment it happened.

IMO you're searching for a silver lining for wont of one, not because one was provided.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Yes, but rarely do they know that symptoms are persistent until a few days pass. I've never seen them say a day later "so and so will be shut down for a few weeks", that always comes like 3-4 days later... unless it was something extremely severe like Ballard had, where we all knew his career was basically over the moment it happened.

Well that and his history certainly played a role too. I'll tell you what I have seen, teams taking every precaution necessary when the head is involved in potential trauma.
A wrist shot to the head is much different in force compared to an elbow. Taking one game off this far, and him seeing his family in the meantime, gives me hope this isn't too serious.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail

IMO you're searching for a silver lining for wont of one, not because one was provided.

Won't of one?
I can just as easily hope this isn't as serious when we both know the complexities of concussions are abstract. It "could" be bad, and it could not be as bad.
Debating semantics for focus of an abstract idea seems rather pointless.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well that and his history certainly played a role too. I'll tell you what I have seen, teams taking every precaution necessary when the head is involved in potential trauma.
A wrist shot to the head is much different in force compared to an elbow. Taking one game off this far, and him seeing his family in the meantime, gives me hope this isn't too serious.

Yet I see that same scenario, and say I've seen this before many times with this team, and often times that scenario works out to said player missing a month of hockey.

That's why I'm not calling this a silver lining, but calling this a wait and see period, as they will know more in 3 days than they do now.

Won't of one?
You said yourself, you'll take the silver lining every day of the week... thus you are searching for one to cling to is all.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Yet I see that same scenario, and say I've seen this before many times with this team, and often times that scenario works out to said playing missing a month of hockey.

That's why I'm not calling this a silver lining, but calling this a wait and see period, as they will know more in 3 days than they do now.

Lol fine, you win. Let's call it a wait and see period.
I'm just glad no definite shut down has been proclaimed. Even if it's a day after. Peace.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Spurgeon still out :/..

I was hoping this would be a 1 or 2 game thing at most.. Hopefully since it's Edmonton, they are just keeping him out for precautions and he's feeling better..

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Spurgeon still out :/..

I was hoping this would be a 1 or 2 game thing at most.. Hopefully since it's Edmonton, they are just keeping him out for precautions and he's feeling better..

That's what I'm thinking, Folin and Dumba have been great, so there's no need to rush him back into a game vs. EDM. If he's still out 2-3 games after that, then it's gonna be a bit worrisome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad