Proposal: Jared Spurgeon to his Hometown

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
A Right-handed defenseman in his prime, from Edmonton, with great skating and offensive instincts. He would really finish off their top 4 nicely:

Nurse - Spurgeon
Klefbom - Larsson

... is easily the best top 4 we've had in a decade, and probably a top 10 d-core in the entire league. He would also fill the 1PPQB role. Is this a fair offer?

Jesse Puljujarvi and the 10th Overall pick

for

Jared Spurgeon

This would also clear cap for them to sign Dumba and Zucker

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If I was the wild I’d take that in a heartbeat. Jesus overpayment
It's good value, but it's dicey for Minnesota if they don't want to make their team worse for next year. Losing Spurgeon blows a significant hole in the right side of our defense, and Puljujarvi is still a bit of an enigma.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That’s too much for me.

What would the + need to be to the OP to get Coyle or Nino back as well? I feel like OP is an overoffer for just Spurgeon.
The amount of cap we'd be sending to Edmonton means that it'd probably have to be a roster player, and I really don't know who that would be. What if Minnesota just added our 1st?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This is... a surprisingly reasonable offer. A low end #1 dude in Spurgeon for a prospect with a super high ceiling and a decent lottery pick in a good draft. I like it. Wild may reject if they don’t wish to retool, and oilers may reject if they like the upside of puljujarvi too much, but yeah, good proposal.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
No real interest in Pulju. How about Spurgeon + Nino for RNH + 10

Edit: But I do think the original proposal was good and fair. I'm just low on Pulju and really really want RNH.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
This is a decent offer, but I don't see any way it ends up a fair deal for both sides. Huge risk when it comes to what Pulju is going to become on both sides

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I don't think MIN is in a position to part ways with Spurgeon as they have an old enough core to try to compete for some more years and Spurgeon should be in that core.

But at the same time, it's such an overpayment in value that they should do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad