Jared Knight

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Even though Nazem Kadri isn't feeding him the puck anymore, Knight's drive is leading him to having a solid year overall. He's learning to create offense this year, and it's working quite well. He has second line potential, and reminds me of Steve Downie a bit. His work ethic should get him in an NHL sweater very soon.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
how is he doing this year? what is his potential? player comparison?

He's doing quite well this year, for the first time in a long time the Knights are an absolute cluster**** this year and Knight's production has taken a definite hit compared to where it could be if he had an actual centre to play with. He should hopefully become a 20-25 goal scorer second or third liner who brings good energy and some physical play. As for comparisons, Mark Recchi is a good one, Knight's offensive game is kind of a similar style to Ryan Smyth's IMO.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
He's doing quite well this year, for the first time in a long time the Knights are an absolute cluster**** this year and Knight's production has taken a definite hit compared to where it could be if he had an actual centre to play with. He should hopefully become a 20-25 goal scorer second or third liner who brings good energy and some physical play. As for comparisons, Mark Recchi is a good one, Knight's offensive game is kind of a similar style to Ryan Smyth's IMO.

As a Bruins fan, I would love it if he turned out anything like Recchi or Smyth. However, I think Chuck Kobasew is also an apt comparison. I would take anything in between.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
As a Bruins fan, I would love it if he turned out anything like Recchi or Smyth. However, I think Chuck Kobasew is also an apt comparison. I would take anything in between.

He has a drive and tenacity that somebody like Kobasew could only dream about. That's why I liken him to Recchi. He's a good skater, good shot, lots of good tools but it's his sheer determination that will make him successful.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Here's hoping the Bruins go for the trifecta by drafting Landeskog.
Therefore they can form a "Bumbling Burkie Line" of Knight, Seguin and Landeskog all courtesy of the Kessel trade!

When BB said that Kessel is the short-cut to building a contender I'm sure he wasn't thinking of the Bruins!

Like others noted Knight should be a solid 2nd or 3rd(more likely) line winger.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Here's hoping the Bruins go for the trifecta by drafting Landeskog.
Therefore they can form a "Bumbling Burkie Line" of Knight, Seguin and Landeskog all courtesy of the Kessel trade!

When BB said that Kessel is the short-cut to building a contender I'm sure he wasn't thinking of the Bruins!

Like others noted Knight should be a solid 2nd or 3rd(more likely) line winger.

While the "Bumbling Burkie Line" wouldn't be a bad nickname, the "Thank You Kessel Line" is even better, with Kessel being shortened to KSL as in Knight, Seguin and Landeskog.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
While the "Bumbling Burkie Line" wouldn't be a bad nickname, the "Thank You Kessel Line" is even better, with Kessel being shortened to KSL as in Knight, Seguin and Landeskog.

Just think about it....
On one line there's a Knight, Whaler and a Ranger!

Maybe next year Jared Knight will finally start playing for the name on the front of the jersey and not the one on the back!! :laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad