Signing(s): Jared Goff signs extension with the Lions (4 years, $212 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jurra wishing he locked Dak up now..
Here we goooo!!!!
Dallas as of today has $60 mill in cap charges from deferred money to Dak still to hit their cap.
Dak is completely in the driver's seat in the negotiations.

He can't be tagged so he either gets to hit the market in 2025 as a complete free agent like Cousins did or he's signed by Dallas.

I'm guessing this is Dak's final year in Dallas and they move off him. For what? Who knows, but it has to be a cheap option as he'd count $40 mill in dead money in 2025.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jerry gonna let Dak walk and trade for Kirk Cousins

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
In a vacuum I don’t really think giving Goff all that money is a good idea but beyond letting him play the year out then tagging him, I don’t really know what the Lions were going to do.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
In a vacuum I don’t really think giving Goff all that money is a good idea but beyond letting him play the year out then tagging him, I don’t really know what the Lions were going to do.
Hooker, their 3rd rounder in 2023 redshirted after tearing his ACL near the end of the season in college. So, he was limited for most of last season. That's really the only other option for Detroit, was to play Goff through this season then hand it over to Hooker if they saw enough from him in camp/pre-season.

QBs now are virtually the cost of 2 elite positions, even the premier positions of Edge/LT. Just the pure scarcity of the quality starters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad