Jared Cowen

chiefs20167

Sep 16, 2006
Spokane WA
Spokane Chiefs' Jared Cowen is out with a knee injury. He was hurt during Friday's game against the Chilliwack Bruins. He was checking a guy into the boards and the guy fell on his leg. Not exactly show serious the injury is. At first, the thought was season ending injury but now, no idea.

I'm not sure what this will do to his standing in the draft or how much this could hurt him.

More to come if I hear anything.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
I hear its a major injury ,I am curious to see how far he will drop in the draft.Will he drop to the teens or 20`s.Will he have Budish syndrome and go in the second which I highly doubt.I do predict Cowen will now be drafted after despres.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I hear its a major injury ,I am curious to see how far he will drop in the draft.Will he drop to the teens or 20`s.Will he have Budish syndrome and go in the second which I highly doubt.I do predict Cowen will now be drafted after despres.

I heard its a major injury as well but if GMs know what they`re getting then there will be no major drop for Cowen.

Madic

May 21, 2008
His value will not drop to the teens, much less the 20's. Funny though.

As long as he drops past us in the top 5, I couldn't care less.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
It's a partially torn MCL.

He's listed as out 4-6 weeks.

Wasn't Logan Couture injured for the better part of his draft year? Someone still thought highly enough of him to take him in the top 10. Cowen is at least as good a prospect as Couture was, and 4-6 weeks isn't forever. It's unfortunate for him though; his offensive game seemed like it was coming on strong of late.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
It's a partially torn MCL.

He's listed as out 4-6 weeks.

Wasn't Logan Couture injured for the better part of his draft year? Someone still thought highly enough of him to take him in the top 10. Cowen is at least as good a prospect as Couture was, and 4-6 weeks isn't forever. It's unfortunate for him though; his offensive game seemed like it was coming on strong of late.

Couture had a concussion (and maybe mono) in his draft year. In my opinion Cowen is a vastly superior talent than Couture but this draft is considerably better. I have seen Cowen as low as 7 in some pools. Tavares and Heman are near-locks to be 1 and 2, but after that need will play a role. Schroder, Pajarvi, Duke, Schenn, and Kane could all go ahead of Cowen prior to the injury (though I think at least 2 of the bottom 8 teams will take d-men. The question is will Ellis, Depres, or Kulikov pass him. In my opinion, no they will not.

Bocephus

Oct 14, 2007
Lethbridge
www.myspace.com
Last edited:

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Whichever team this guy falls into their lap is getting a steal if he does fall. Not sure why Madic doesnt like him, hes unreal.

ginosniper

Feb 21, 2008
Spokane Chief defenseman Jared Cowen will have reconstructive surgery on his right knee and will miss the remainder of the season. Cowen suffered an MCL sprain and a high grade injury to his ACL after finishing a check in a 6-0 win over the Chilliwack Bruins on Friday, January 30th.

Cowen is expected to have surgery in the next three weeks. Rehab will be up to five months and he will be ready for the 2009-10 season.

The 17-year-old was ranked seventh overall by NHL's Central Scouting for this summer's Entry Draft for North American skaters.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
That's horrible.

Preliminary reports said partially torn MCL; 4-6 weeks. I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it would require surgery.

Good luck to Jared on his surgery and recovery. Hopefully it doesn't become an injury that limits his career in any way.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
That's horrible.

Preliminary reports said partially torn MCL; 4-6 weeks. I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it would require surgery.

Good luck to Jared on his surgery and recovery. Hopefully it doesn't become an injury that limits his career in any way.

damn, that sucks. Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad