Jared Cowen

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I think Cowen and Karlsson will be a dominant first pairing for 10+ years. And to the poster comparing Cowen to YANNICK Weber, take your trolling elsewhere.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I see a lot of people refer to Cowen as in the Chara mold. I don't get it. Chara is arguably the biggest, most fit and strongest player to ever play the game along with having the hardest slap shot ever and by a good margin and could go toe to toe with any enforcer in the game.

Let's just compare Cowen to Cowen because he is no Chara.
I used Chara because I thought I was responding to a Bruins fan (based on avatar), not because I thought their games were similar. Although I would love to see Cowen develop his shot like Chara...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Saying this for a few years now, Cowen-Karlsson could be pretty similar to Seabrook-Keith

We all know what Karlsson is capable of, and we've seen glimpses of what Cowen can do... They even have a chance to become a better pair...

Doughty is soooo much more physical that Ceci is.

He hardly ever throws his large frame around.

Except that Ceci just turned 19 y/o...

We have no idea what player Ceci will exactly be. All we can see is where his abilities are right now, in the middle of his development. He probably won't ever become a mean physical D-man, but he can develop his physical game for sure.

Even if he develops that part of his game to the Doughty level, it doesn't mean he will reach Drew's level in other facets of the game... Let's just hope he can reach his level in a few facets

A 6'5 Chris Phillips with a better frst pass, slap shot, and the ability to fight heavyweights. An all around #2 is my projection.

Chris Phillips was/is a very good skater but Cowen has bigger steps and what separates him from others is his very long reach

PS : Phillips is not an offensive D-man at all but I think his offensive game has always been underated. Sure, he doesn't bring it every game but he consistently put up 20-25 pts season with not a lot of PP time and offensive responsibilities...

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I expect Cowen to be a great 2-way defensemen with the team for years to come. I expect a pairing of him and Karlsson to be a top pairing in the NHL for the next decade.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I think people are underestimating what Weircioch is capable of.

I think this is his first breakout year in the AHL. It is very much up for debate how good he will be. It really matters how good our talent pans out. With tons of prospects at forward, we have the potential to be a dominant offensive team for years. I don't think Weircioch is ever getting paired with Karlsson. Thus he has a better chance on weaker match-ups. If we have a dominant team the next few seasons, he has the potential to put up really good numbers like Priessing, Corvo, Meszaros did vs lower pairings when we had a stacked team. Because of the offence first philosophy of the team now, there is a chance Wiercioch can benefit from good match-ups with Karlsson and whoever.. maybe Cowen... maybe someone else drawing all the best players against him. If we can become a very good team and deep I think he could get 40-50 points as the 4 or 5th ES D-Man and the 2nd PP D-Man. But it is hard to project now. I don't think he ever trumps Cowen in icetime though.

I think Cowen is better offensively then Phillips. And a surefire 20 minute a night NHL D-Man no matter what except injuries. I do think he has better offensive upseide then Phillips has had. 30-40 pts rather than about 25 points.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I expect Cowen to be a great 2-way defensemen forward with the team for years to come. I expect a pairing of him and Karlsson to be a top pairing line in the NHL for the next decade.
Fixed that for you

Side note, Karlsson is the most dangerous player from the forbidden zone. Scores goals on tops goalies like Lundquist from there and sets up too.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Fixed that for you

Side note, Karlsson is the most dangerous player from the forbidden zone. Scores goals on tops goalies like Lundquist from there and sets up too.

I remember looking at Cowen and Karlsson there, and thinking "WTF are they doing!!??" I was going nuts. Then they scored, so it was all good.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Fixed that for you

He has scored 3 from there so far. Does anyone else literally know of a forward who has scored more than Karlsson has from that angle? :laugh: Against Lundqvist, Montoya and Miller.

Btw, that will be an unbelievable top-line for next decade.

Karlsson-Spezza-Cowen.

General Granny*

I think Spezza's game will drop by the age of 34-35. Gives us 5-6 years to find a #1 center.

Spezza will be 30 by June.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In a few yrs:

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Boroweicki - Andrej Sustr/Gryba/Blood

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
In a shortened NHL season, I believe a healthy Cowen would have helped the Sens making it into the postseason. As it stands, there is nobody else in the system that can have that kind of an impact from the backend. A physical defenceman with offensive potential.

A difference maker, and yet Cowen has only played one full NHL season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad