Confirmed with Link: Jared Cowen is now an RFA

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Hell yes money! After the Sens lost Alfie, gave up key assets for Ryan, let's put the nail in the coffin and put em back into a rebuild!!

Last edited:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Was going to say we could sheet one of DET's RFAs but Cleary won't be signed until they can offload some cap. Could be something there. Holland apparently really wants to keep Danny Cleary around. Mystifying, and someone might be able to take advantage.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Ottawa will match and Melnyk holds grudges. Not a good idea.

Melnyk is a 12 year old girl. The number of times he's "held grudges" and gone out of his way to tell off other players is beyond childish. I would love it if the Flames sent them an offer sheet they can't match. I don't like the Sens at all.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Melnyk is a 12 year old girl. The number of times he's "held grudges" and gone out of his way to tell off other players is beyond childish. I would love it if the Flames sent them an offer sheet they can't match. I don't like the Sens at all.

Not to mention he is in finical trouble and he may not be able to get 'even' on an offersheet.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Was going to say we could sheet one of DET's RFAs but Cleary won't be signed until they can offload some cap. Could be something there. Holland apparently really wants to keep Danny Cleary around. Mystifying, and someone might be able to take advantage.

I agree. But I have a feeling it would cost us a first

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think his contract did not slide because he was not sent to the CHL this year. He was on the roster for the full season, he was just injured.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't think there's a contract you could offer him, that Ottawa wouldn't match.
In addition, it's not worth giving anything over 3.364 million; because our first rounders in the coming seasons are going to be well worth it...

Dunno.

Lifeline

Jan 31, 2013
Winnipeg
Wouldn't Ottawa be able to match easily with all the cap space they have? Or is their owner in some trouble?

If I recall they have more cap room than us so matching wouldn't be a problem and considering how high our first round pick will be this upcoming year barring an amazing turn of events, I wouldn't want to give that up for Cowen.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Wouldn't Ottawa be able to match easily with all the cap space they have? Or is their owner in some trouble?

If I recall they have more cap room than us so matching wouldn't be a problem and considering how high our first round pick will be this upcoming year barring an amazing turn of events, I wouldn't want to give that up for Cowen.

The owner is and has been in trouble for awhile. He has been actively looking for investors and has been rumored to not have been willing/able to offer Alfie the same kind of contract that he got from Det.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
The owner is and has been in trouble for awhile. He has been actively looking for investors and has been rumored to not have been willing/able to offer Alfie the same kind of contract that he got from Det.

This is false. In the press conference Melnyk stated that he did offer Alfie whatever he wanted, however the negotiations were to deep with Detroit for Alfy to go back.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
This is false. In the press conference Melnyk stated that he did offer Alfie whatever he wanted, however the negotiations were to deep with Detroit for Alfy to go back.

Yes no owner has ever lied. I never said it was true but there are rumors that when the 2 day period started Melnyk wasn't willing to offer Alfie the same kind of money then on Thursday decided he was willing to spend that kind of money only to be told Alfie planned on going to Detroit.

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
I don't think there's a contract you could offer him, that Ottawa wouldn't match.
In addition, it's not worth giving anything over 3.364 million; because our first rounders in the coming seasons are going to be well worth it...

Dunno.

no, you're right on the money.

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I like Jared Cowen but it will cost a pick probably 2nd rounder and we need to save picks. as we are in a rebuild mode and need picks to help in the rebuild mode

Gary83*

What terrible value for Cowen's ELC, a whopping 90 games.

I would still take him on for the right price, think he'll end up as a more mobile version of Regehr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad