January Prediction

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
8-3-1 for 17 out of 24 points.
That's a 116 point pace.

We are getting a nice break and everyone should come back well rested.
I honestly don't care if we finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd as long as we go into the playoffs healthy and not on a big losing streak.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Are you unhappy? We were 0-2 versus the Leafs...but we did finish a respectable 8-3-1 for 17 points.

Some people here nailed it with the 17 point prediction. Disappointing end to the month though going 2-3-1
Nope... I feel like we were the better team in the first game and had chances to win the second one

I couldn't have imagined that I could feel this OK losing back to back to the Laffs

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
The break will give each player time to recharge, check attitude, and switch from regular jet-fuel to premium.
And add stabilizer. Regardless of line combinations, the difference-maker will be in every player’s tank.
PP additive and 3rd period antifreeze would be nice to see though.

Reactions: Jets 31

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
That's a 116 point pace.

I honestly don't care if we finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd as long as we go into the playoffs healthy and not on a big losing streak.

I'm going to say 18 points...I have not had any luck in the Prediction Contest, so maybe this is my thing...:dunno:

Close but over...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That's a 116 point pace.

I feel exactly the same.

The regular season has 2 real objectives:
Finish in a seeded playoff spot
Hone and refine your systems and playstyle, work on deficiencies, and ultimately play a consistent game that will be successful in the playoffs

In my mind the Jets need to obviously get their special teams to at least league average. They have to improve their faceoffs, and continue to reinforce their strong 5v5 play.

Of course, any cup winner has to have some luck to go all the way, but you can only affect what you control, so if the Jets can work on the above I think they might be positioned as well as possible to go on a serious run.

Bonus item: make sure Hellebuyck gets adequate rest leading into the post season. Maybe run bro every 3rd game or 3 of 10 until maybe the last 2 weeks of the season and then staple Helle to the crease.

Reactions: sipowicz

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I feel exactly the same.

The regular season has 2 real objectives:
Finish in a seeded playoff spot
Hone and refine your systems and playstyle, work on deficiencies, and ultimately play a consistent game that will be successful in the playoffs

In my mind the Jets need to obviously get their special teams to at least league average. They have to improve their faceoffs, and continue to reinforce their strong 5v5 play.

Of course, any cup winner has to have some luck to go all the way, but you can only affect what you control, so if the Jets can work on the above I think they might be positioned as well as possible to go on a serious run.

Bonus item: make sure Hellebuyck gets adequate rest leading into the post season. Maybe run bro every 3rd game or 3 of 10 until maybe the last 2 weeks of the season and then staple Helle to the crease.
Also, I have never felt so confident in a backup as I do about LB this season.

Reactions: Jet

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Nope... I feel like we were the better team in the first game and had chances to win the second one

I couldn't have imagined that I could feel this OK losing back to back to the Laffs
Just unlucky, hit a goaltender who suddenly got hot and had too much offense injured in the first game. Otherwise it would have been Jets 3 or 4-0 in the first game for sure.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Prediction
1706655295367.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad