January Prediction

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Jets went 10-1-2 in December for 22 points.

The Jets play 12 times in January.
It's not too bad of a schedule.

How many points out of a possible 24 do you think they will obtain?

Home games...
2nd Lightning
9th Blue Jackets
11th Hawks
13th Flyers
16th Isles
27th Leafs

Away games...
4th Sharks
5th Ducks
7th Coyotes
20th Senators
22nd Bruins
24th Leafs

Sharks/Ducks is the only B2B.

I'm going to go with 18 points.

Last edited:

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
A lot of junk in there that for some reason we have trouble with. We can only score 1 and lose in O.T. to Chicago and the Stars light them up for 8 last night. Why we seem to play down to our competition ill never know. I wish we were able to stomp the garbage teams like our Central counterparts. These trap games coming up scare me. We need every possible point the way Colorado and Dallas are playing. Ill go 15 points. 7-4-1

Last edited:

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
I'm thinking 18-20.
Every home game should be winnable, but an exception or two is likely. With the exception of the Bruins and Leafs on the road, the rest should be regulation wins, but we've seen this with the Sharks last month, too.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
A lot of junk in there that for some reason we have trouble with. We can only score 1 and lose in O.T. to Chicago and the Stars light them up for 8 last night. Why we seem to play down to our competition ill never know. I wish we were able to stomp the garbage teams like our Central counterparts. These trap games coming up scare me. We need every possible point the way Colorado and Dallas are playing. Ill go 15 points.
We’re 10-3-1 against the Central Division so far
We hit 5 posts against Chicago and we probably should have beaten San Jose
Very little to complain about.
I don’t think we have played “down” to anyone in my opinion.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The Jets went 10-1-2 in December for 22 points.

The Jets play 12 times in January.
It's not too bad of a schedule.

How many points out of a possible 24 do you think they will obtain?

Home games...
2nd Lightning
9th Blue Jackets
11th Hawks
13th Flyers
16th Isles
27th Leafs

Away games...
4th Sharks
5th Ducks
7th Coyotes
20th Senators
22nd Bruins
24th Leafs

Sharks/Ducks is the only B2B.

I'm going to go with 16 points.
Also note that the Flyers and Islanders are on the second game of a B2B (both play the Wild before us) so we will almost certainly be getting their backup goalies.

Looks like the schedulers have given us another easy month. I see nothing keeping us from getting 20 points.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Also note that the Flyers and Islanders are on the second game of a B2B (both play the Wild before us) so we will almost certainly be getting their backup goalies.

Looks like the schedulers have given us another easy month. I see nothing keeping us from getting 20 points.

Seriously now, who are you and what have you done with @nobody imp0rtant ? :laugh:

8-2-2 is 18 points?

Squirrels have never been good at math. They hide 2-3 times as many nuts as they will need. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A lot of junk in there that for some reason we have trouble with. We can only score 1 and lose in O.T. to Chicago and the Stars light them up for 8 last night. Why we seem to play down to our competition ill never know. I wish we were able to stomp the garbage teams like our Central counterparts. These trap games coming up scare me. We need every possible point the way Colorado and Dallas are playing. Ill go 15 points. 7-4-1

It certainly feels like we have lost to a lot of bad teams but the reality is that most of our losses have been against the best teams. Our losses to weaker teams have included 3 OT losses and 1 SO.

The feeling comes from the fact that we should be burying some of these guys 8-1. We go into the game assuming at least a W if not a runaway. I think we have let up a bit a few times but we have also won quite a few against bad teams. So it is not as bad as those losses feel.

I'm going to say 17 pts, 8-3-1.

Reactions: Jets 31

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
16 from 8 2 2 feels easily done, but We could just as easily nail 20 or more, depth and scoring from all lines could get us there, no problem.
It’s important that any “new” line combinations are in fact already tested, the more the better, especially with the possibility of injuries.
Keep the blender going. Just don’t take the lid off!

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Jan scares me. This usually when this team historically takes it swoon and regresses. Cautiously optimistic this year but the clip they’re playing at currently while remarkable isn’t sustainable. Just wanna make sure these guys don’t peak too soon.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It certainly feels like we have lost to a lot of bad teams but the reality is that most of our losses have been against the best teams. Our losses to weaker teams have included 3 OT losses and 1 SO.

The feeling comes from the fact that we should be burying some of these guys 8-1. We go into the game assuming at least a W if not a runaway. I think we have let up a bit a few times but we have also won quite a few against bad teams. So it is not as bad as those losses feel.

I'm going to say 17 pts, 8-3-1.
It's funny, going into any game for some reason i always feel like we are the underdog, probably a Winnipeg thing. :laugh: But one thing that dawned on me is maybe the Hawks and Sharks of the hockey world really work their ass's off trying to beat the Jets because they know that the Jets are one of the better teams in the league , just a thought. That and hitting 5 posts in a game.:laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad