Confirmed with Link: Jansen Harkins inked to 2 year extension

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
All Chevy has to do is give him a qualifying offer and he is eligible to be drafted.

Yes, but as @Oilpeg pointed out, there are other requirements that need to be met as well, games played, etc.

I still don't see the need for the 2 year contract. I'm not surprised at Chevy wanting it. I am surprised at Harkins accepting it without getting paid more.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Yes, but as @Oilpeg pointed out, there are other requirements that need to be met as well, games played, etc.

I still don't see the need for the 2 year contract. I'm not surprised at Chevy wanting it. I am surprised at Harkins accepting it without getting paid more.
I'm going to go with job security. I suppose the benefit of taking a two year contract means you don't have to think about money for two years instead of one. Just a thought, but maybe the second year was requested by the player and not the team? It certainly benefits the team in all three cases (Appleton, Beaulieu and Harkins), but the player does benefit from it as well. I get your point though, the second year could/should be more.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I agree, his offense isn't quite good enough for the second line but its perfect for a two-way third line. He Harkins and Roslovic looked pretty good together and could form the basis for such a line if we don't move Jack.

That allows Lowry to anchor a more workman like fourth line with Appelton and Perrault.

PoMo has already begun beating the offense out of Harkins. It makes me sad that coaches like this steal potential. I want to watch talent not low risk coaching strategies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm going to go with job security. I suppose the benefit of taking a two year contract means you don't have to think about money for two years instead of one. Just a thought, but maybe the second year was requested by the player and not the team? It certainly benefits the team in all three cases (Appleton, Beaulieu and Harkins), but the player does benefit from it as well. I get your point though, the second year could/should be more.

Yes, that has to be the answer, there is no other one. But it remains surprising. Harkins did get more for the 2nd year. It is 700, 750. :laugh: I wonder if Covid uncertainty is playing a part here as well.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Yes, that has to be the answer, there is no other one. But it remains surprising. Harkins did get more for the 2nd year. It is 700, 750. :laugh: I wonder if Covid uncertainty is playing a part here as well.
I'll take a $50K raise year to year...LOL...if only someone would offer me that. Covid is surely playing a part, better to take $1.4M guaranteed than $700K and hope you can get another contract in a year.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad