Proposal: Jankowski to MTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think Calgary would only move him for an upgrade. Something you dont have.

Really? What about a prospect like Mete+2nd? Isnt he the 3rd C ? I dont think Danault is far off from Jankowski as a player. He is good on faceoffs and can get 40 points

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Really? What about a prospect like Mete+2nd? Isnt he the 3rd C ? I dont think Danault is far off from Jankowski as a player. He is good on faceoffs and can get 40 points

Yes, Jankowski is currently a 3C. Just like Habs, also Flames need to have a 3C in their lineup. Why would the Flames trade the one they have to Habs?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Flames drafted him knowing hed a project. Hes progressing well, nearly scored 20 goals in his rookie year.

I wouldn't trade him. I'd rather be patient and see what he develops into.

Reactions: blankall and bukwas

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
A center with a 2 bridge deal of 1.65m who projects to be a top 6 center for years to come. Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

The only guy I'd be interested in would be Gallagher, but we already know how much you guys overrate him. So, we'll keep Jankowski because he's exactly what we need.

And no, he's not better than RNH lol. Not better right now, at least.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
We have Poehling and Kotka that's probably have the same potentiel ceiling as him. Plus we short on LD so no way we trade Mete for this type a player + an early second rounder.

Bargainbin

1 FOR 1
Jun 17, 2017
Why would we five up mete and a second .we have kotkaniemi and poehling coming for the top 2 spots. We can't get rid of one of our best defensive prospects for a 3rd center

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I disagree with a lot of the comments on this one...the Flames have Monahan, Backlund, and Lindholm at C...if Montreal offers a decent price for Jankowski, take it while his value is high. His price being low is nice and all but I don't see Cgy moving any of the other 3. Unless they can get a haul for Lindholm before he gets settled in.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I disagree with a lot of the comments on this one...the Flames have Monahan, Backlund, and Lindholm at C...if Montreal offers a decent price for Jankowski, take it while his value is high. His price being low is nice and all but I don't see Cgy moving any of the other 3. Unless they can get a haul for Lindholm before he gets settled in.

Yes, having any center depth is bad. You as a Montreal fan (I guess) should no that.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Unless it's for the 2019 1st I don't think the Flames would have much reason to move him. They need cheap young forward depth, Jankowski fills that need.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
This has to be the millionth “arbitrary young C of MTL” thread. Has the other fan base accepted even once?

The majority of these — if not all — are resounding rejections. Take a friggin hint. No one wants Montreal’s spare parts, especially with young players with upside going the other way. Draft your own goddamn team.

Reactions: Kahvi

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This has to be the millionth “arbitrary young C of MTL” thread. Has the other fan base accepted even once?

The majority of these — if not all — are resounding rejections. Take a friggin hint. No one wants Montreal’s spare parts, especially with young players with upside going the other way. Draft your own goddamn team.
Damn someone's raging hard. We will gladly develop our top prospects in Poehling and Kotka. No need to acquire another Danault.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Damn someone's raging hard. We will gladly develop our top prospects in Poehling and Kotka. No need to acquire another Danault.

Where did someone propose Kotkaniemi for Jankowski? Of course you keep Kotkaniemi, just like Flames keep Jankowski. And I'm not saying they have equal value or are equal prospects.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Where did someone propose Kotkaniemi for Jankowski? Of course you keep Kotkaniemi, just like Flames keep Jankowski. And I'm not saying they have equal value or are equal prospects.
I was replying to the guy who said draft ur own centers in a mockingly way

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Cheap, ready to play with some upside....not easy to trade

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Flames are all in not rebuilding so prospects aren't very interesting when Janks is already a young cheap forward who looked good on the third line.

Flames aren't trading him unless its a massive over payment, give us Montreal's first unprotected and we'll do it, other then that pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad