Confirmed with Link: Jan Mysak signs 3 years ELC (21-22 to 23-24)

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Unfortunately I haven't been able to see him play much besides a few games at WJC and a few other games of his but in your opinion, do you see his game translating to the NHL game better at centre or on the wing?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Unfortunately I haven't been able to see him play much besides a few games at WJC and a few other games of his but in your opinion, do you see his game translating to the NHL game better at centre or on the wing?

He's been good at C in the AHL.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He's been real good at C in the AHL. He's good on the face-off dot, too. He was getting better, too. You saw how his game was more complete.

Unfortunately he got hurt and we don't know for how long. But Bouchard said that the Mysak at Game 13 was not the same as Mysak at Game 1. So in only about a dozen games, he progressed and adapted. So I have complete faith that this kid will have a career in the NHL.

It won't be a travesty if the kid ends up being a winger, though.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sweet! I'd be willing to bet they never expected to give him his ELC this soon but he's already really comfortable in the AHL . The trend of rewarding guys who put in the effort continues.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
still too frail and need more maturity but he has all the tool for a strong top 6 player

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

too early to say, we need to see how much he can add mass, strength to his frame over the next few years and go from there. Right now you just want him to develop as much as possible and worry about position later.

Reactions: Tyson

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Good to hear!

Would he be able to play in the AHL next year if there is an OHL season? If he is, do people think he'd be better off there, or back in junior?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good to hear!

Would he be able to play in the AHL next year if there is an OHL season? If he is, do people think he'd be better off there, or back in junior?

no, he has to play in the OHL or NHL or back to the Euro leagues. He has done well enough in the AHL but he needs to work on getting stronger, really don't want to see him in Laval until the end of next season.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Good to hear!

Probably going to be a bit of a shock having played with men and going back to boys basically. Also a shock to the wallet as I am sure he makes what now maybe $40,000 and he would have to go back to the tiny OHL stipend though less expenses with no room and board etc.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Happy for him... curious where he ends up next season. I'm hoping AHL and a trip to World Jrs. Really not sure where I think he'll end up career wise. Bit of a boom or bust type prospect to me. Hoping for Boom!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Very happy for him, but it was well earned. It's a nice change of pace to see even our youngest prospects have success in the A. He definitely has the skill and smarts to make the NHL. It's just hard to project if he can be good enough to be a top 6 forward.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
no, he has to play in the OHL or NHL or back to the Euro leagues. He has done well enough in the AHL but he needs to work on getting stronger, really don't want to see him in Laval until the end of next season.

Can't wait to see him in the OHL next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad