Jan Marek

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm sure the Kings would bring him in if he'd consider signing and coming over to North America. Problem is, he's likely to earn more money in Russia.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I'm sure the Kings would bring him in if he'd consider signing and coming over to North America. Problem is, he's likely to earn more money in Russia.

maybe, but if he became a great nhl player he would probably get more money in NA long-term.

hlundqvist30*

The only reason the rangers traded him was because he apparently didn't have any intentions on coming to the NHL. He seems pretty happy in Europe, and the Kings would have to pay a pretty big price for a guy yet to play a single game in North America. If they sign him, however, he could turn into a 2nd liner.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Eh, I think he has interest in coming to the NHL, but the thing is that he's a star on the other side of the pond. He makes good money, etc etc.

He's probably not going to want to come over if it's for mediocre money and playing time in Manchester.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The only reason the rangers traded him was because he apparently didn't have any intentions on coming to the NHL.
Rangers fans may infer that because he didn't accept their terms, but I've heard that it was the terms that he didn't like, not the notion of coming over. Apparently, he wants a one-way deal so that he's sure to play in the NHL if he comes over, not the AHL. I would hope that Lombardi is ok with giving him one, or else I don't see why he would've acquired the rights.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
I would stay in Russia too, but if he did come over, he could definetly become a nice 2nd line winger.

wabwat

Aug 11, 2003
pasadena, ca.
Visit site
did anyone ever figure out just how much money he makes of that near-mythical Russian fortune?

i was under the impression that he was NOT under contract with his Russian team, and that he was on loan from his Czech team... sounds to me like HC Sparta Praha is making the money, not Jan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad